Furthest trip in your Spark?

The only thing that should happen to the tires would be that you wear them out faster if they get over temp. That kind of solves two of your issues because you dislike the tires and they would be worn out so you need to replace them sooner.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did another trip last weekend,,,, Tucson to Las Vegas and back. Trip total was 878 miles. Car ran great, A/C blew cold air. Gas mileage came out to 39.2 mpg for the trip. Will soon be hitting the 100 degree mark here in Tucson,,,hope the A/C doesn't take a puke on me than. I don't have central A/C in my house and so sometimes my car is the only place to "chill out" in for a bit. :-)

Mid Wisconsin to Carmel California and driving all around the Bay area of CA and then back through Nevada. About 5500 miles. Ran great. Went up mountains, through deserts, kept up to traffic and more through the speedway of Wyoming. Averaged just around 40 mpg, even with all the fast freeway driving.

Mid Wisconsin to Carmel California and driving all around the Bay area of CA and then back through Nevada. About 5500 miles. Ran great. Went up mountains, through deserts, kept up to traffic and more through the speedway of Wyoming. Averaged just around 40 mpg, even with all the fast freeway driving.

Nice trip and glad to hear that your Spark ran well. Did your A/C always work good for you too? And where from in central Wis? I used to live in Appleton before I moved to Tucson Az.

• 1 year later...

Drove 4,000 miles round-trip from Michigan to Missoula, Montana and back. Did fantastic the entire trip. I am going again in July and right now the care has 99,000 miles in the 2 years I've owned it. I work on the road and has been a Blessing on fuel costs

Well Suzi..sounds like you probably have the most miles on your Spark of anyone on this forum...Other than the tranny slip in first any other issues you have had would be useful to other members..better get that tranny fixed before you hit 100Kmi!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I suspect my daughter and her boyfriend may have set a new one-way record:  Astoria, Oregon to Jasper, Alabama.  They had all their stuff crammed in the back for a school year teaching assignment at an environmental education camp.  It's coming back -- I assume -- in June.

On 4/24/2014 at 0:22 AM, tootal2 said:

my longest trip ever was 50 mile round trip

About what I usually do in my 2017 Spark LS CVT. 70 miles round trip to Jacksonville, FL for some Indian food which is not available in my town. Cross country trips are much better in our Chevy HHR. We did 7000 miles in it from Florida to Wash state, then Sun City in AZ and back to Florida. Passed through majority of American states. The worst roads and rest stations were in Illinois.

• 2 weeks later...

I went from Tucson to San Francisco and back, twice, with a dog, a few weeks after buying it new. About 900 miles each way, with scenic detours. I got an un-reparable flat on the way back, on the second trip. Otherwise, with the addition of a cushy seat pad, it was comfortable, a little loud but the carplay more than made up for it. Got about 37 per gallon but crossed some mountains and had temps well over 100.

Overall, I really love this car and these road trips are a big reason why.

This one...

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

Edited by Grogorilla
redundant pic
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...