New Spark this weekend

Check and make sure the A/C doesn't blow warm at idle before you sign any final papers or take possession of the car. If it blows warm at idle, then it is broken and they need to fix it, and give you a better price for your trouble.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.....GREG!!! LOL But seriously.. Plan on a marginal AC at best until GM comes up with their "fix"..We all are waiting like little kids for the "fix" The fix is gonna be expensive as there is an epidemic of Sparks with shoddy A/C. I received a complementary 2 year 24k mile service contract from GM " for my troubles" . I hope your AC works as it should. Just something to think about... Other than the AC we love our Spark.

Edited by Classing

Had to use mine today for a little bit, still blows cold at idle since the new compressor went it. And it's a valid and easy thing to check, if it blows warm at idle, do not take the car because it is broken. You can have it after they fix it, but this is the best leverage you have over the dealer to make sure it is fixed when you pick it up or finish the paperwork.

Had to use mine today for a little bit, still blows cold at idle since the new compressor went it. And it's a valid and easy thing to check, if it blows warm at idle, do not take the car because it is broken. You can have it after they fix it, but this is the best leverage you have over the dealer to make sure it is fixed when you pick it up or finish the paperwork.

First welcome to the club.

Greg, that's all fine and good to have them fix it, but as of now no fix has corrected it. Right now the consumer needs to make that decision for themselves. Even though mine is not right I still don't regret my purchase.

Thanks everyone! One week in and no problems. The AC is cold but not ICE cold. I'm not complaining to dealer unless/until I know there is an actual fix. Other than that, I could say I'm happy but also agree that the speakers aren't the greatest......BTW- I'm LOVING 39 mpg on the hwy

• 2 weeks later...

If you are really with Customer Care, I will tell you flat out that several of us feel completely abandoned with this car, myself included. You've got a lot of posts to read to get the story from us. A large amount of the discontent is from the HVAC performing so incredibly poorly, mine gets warmer every time I turn it on.

Jackie,

Please excuse my somewhat terse response above, I just verified that you did indeed post from a GM owned IP address so until proven otherwise I will take it at face value that you work for Customer Care. Several of us are really very angry about how unprepared the dealers are in handling our cars, it most often seems that we can't get even the most simple repairs performed correctly. Couple this with the lack of service manual and the fact that just about all repairs require a computer connection back to GM and you can see why we are unhappy. This little car shows so much promise, but those of us having problems seem to grow in numbers every day, and the poor reputation spreads farther each day. Many have regretted purchasing this car so much that they traded it to a competing brand, and I have to say that I am starting down that path myself because it is becoming clear that no dealerships have anyone trained to handle this car, even though it should be similar/same to Sonic and Cruze. None of the service writers or technicians I've encountered so far are aware of any technical bulletins on this car, so how are they supposed to fix it if they don't even know what is going on.

One thing that really bothers me the most is the stupid MyLink updates, and I don't even have a MyLink system! Why on Earth do they need to bring it to the dealer to update that system? It doesn't control any emissions or safety systems so there is nothing that the EPA/DOT can say about keeping it locked down. If it locks up during an update, that's when they would need to bring it to a dealer so the dealer can flash the wrong firmware just like almost everyone on here that has had their system updated. It has taken two stops to get the right firmware installed and that is just not right.

There's enough written about the HVAC that you can read, I hope the supervisor has given you enough time in your day to keep up on things, these HVAC threads will occupy a large amount of time.

Congrats on your new Spark Thrasher! Jalapeno is such a cool color for the Spark. Enjoy!

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care

Welcome to the forum, Jackie. It is nice to know that someone is available to message about issues with our cars. Current issues, good or bad, I would think would be something that General Motors would want to monitor. What better way is there, than to read the forums and get the information straight from the owners that drive them on a daily basis. By the way, my air conditioning is not working correctly either. I love my car, but hate the issue with the a/c. It has been a long hot summer for more than a few of us on here.

I really hope Jackie is for real. This has gone on way to long. I refuse to bring mine in to not have it fixed correctly and have parts thrown at it. I have the AC issue, high pitch compressor noise after shutoff, and looks like there are now 3 people with erratic re circulation doors. Lucky I have disconnected mine in the recirculate mode till a proper fix is available.

The problem I have is while it was still cool here in South Florida I did quite a few mods. Stereo, rims, tires, tint, etc. If I got rid of the Spark now I'm losing big time.

It would just be nice if someone would give a care in taking care if us.

Please, we love and hate our Sparks.

Congrats on your new Spark Thrasher! Jalapeno is such a cool color for the Spark. Enjoy!

Jackie

Chevrolet Customer Care

Hello Jackie, It is good to see your presence here on the most active, and populated Spark special interest group, on the internet. We have spoken to GM, and requested some sort of a GM presence here, and a few of our members have expressed our most troublesome problems at this point. Basically what we need, is an active participant, a liason between ourselves and GM, someone who will convey our collective frustrations to GM, and create a healthy relationship between our Spark owners, and the parent company. For all intents and purposes, we are the pioneers, early adopters of this great little car, that still needs some tweaking, and if you read through the posts here, you will quickly become acclimated to what our needs and concerns are. I am only speaking for myself, but the last thing we need is a monitor, again we need an active participant, who will work with us, and in turn will gain a good deal of knowledge of the "man in the streets" feelings on the new Spark, which is something that even GM can't put a price on.

In any case, welcome to the forums, make yourself a little more visible, and enjoy the group as much as we do. :)