I Love my car but I wish they would have told me there was no spare tire. That really bothers me and make it real difficult to have a piece of mind when going on long trips. Do anyone have any recommendations.I'm a female and I have no clue how to use the sealant.

Please help!

Also the interior scratch very easily but otherwise I really enjoy my car.

Any recommendation for what to use when washing the car.

Congrats on your new Spark, and ya...I was a little miffed about the lack of donut, too. But unless you shred your tire while driving, the sealant should be just as sufficient and probably get you on the road faster (if it works as advertised), compared to putting on a spare. Let's hope so, otherwise....Chevy fail? lol

Edited by Jopar_X

Congratulations on your new Spark! It seems to be the coming trend, no spare tire, just a sealant kit. I carry a plug kit, and my own small compressor, I wouldn't recommend putting that goo into the tire, it can mess with your TPMS, or throw your wheel out of balance. If you should get a flat, as others have said, just push your blue onstar button, and let them earn their money. As far as washing the car, there are no miracle detergents out there, just get a generic car wash detergent, avoid things that cut grease, such as dish detergent, these will remove the wax finish on the car. I use a lambs wool mitt, for washing, and a natural chamois for drying. You can use rags, sponges, towels, whatever you like, or spend mucho money on products that aren't going to do any better. The important thing, is to use common sense, whatever you decide to use, always make sure everything is clean and free of any debris, the last thing you want to do, is to scratch or scuff the finish. Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

I plan on visiting a junkyard for a spare tire, jack, and j hook to hold the spare in place. I forgot to take those items out of my old car before I traded it in. I've only had to put a spare tire on once in 18 years of driving, but I feel more secure having one when it's 2am traveling through middle of nowhere on a Sunday. A flat could cause 2+ days of being stranded, since this size tire is usually special order.

Edited by austex04

You guys are simply marvelous thank you so much for your input.I have 6,800 miles and counting on my sparky she is alright with me.

I must say my co-workers give me a hard time about the size of my car but I simply laugh and tell them I get the last laugh at the gas pump $28.00 to fill up. I even had one co-worker tell me whenever i need a ride she will put my car in her truck that did make me laugh . I;m quite pleased with my purchase considering I total my 2008 mustang convertible and this is my 1st Chevrolet purchase ever.

Unfortunately these kits, as well as "folding spare tires" are becoming the new norm for both subcompact/mini cars and even Mercedes and Porsches. Which leaves me to wonder, I wonder if well start seeing "Jeep type setups" where they have the spare tire mounted to the hatch?!

I'd almost say I'd rather have a spare tire mounted on the hatch than the kit that came with the Spark....... :doh:

Edited by tommyspark

Good point about the tire size being special order, and last time I checked only Goodyear made this size. Should probably look up comparable sizes that will work in a pinch, I know 205/50 is extremely close and would work if both tires on that axle were changed.

The size of the oem tires is not common, so not likely to be in stock. Been through that twice with the dealer, due to manufacturing defects they found on the road force balancer. Tirerack.com seems to have the best selection, unfortunately Michelin doesn't have this size yet. There are other, much better low rolling resistance tires from brands other than Goodyear, you just have to order them in advance.

Edited by austex04

I think that is a bad idea. your going to lose about 3+ mpg because the higher rolling resistance. But will your old tires be for sale so I can have a spare?

I have not found this size in anything at the major tire retailers, but I also haven't checked in a few months. The size and the "special" rating means that pretty much only Goodyear has them.

Around here the junkyard are full of cars with 4x100MM bolt pattern cars that have donuts and jacks still in the trunk. I'm not sure I'd trust a 15 year old donut, but it wouldn't be too hard to get a regular 14'' wheel (some people here have run 14'' wheels) and mount a smallish "real" tire on that. And the jack from the car.