First time experience with Plasti Dip; + bowtie vinyl

So it was suggested that I share my experience with Plasti Dipping my wheels. In short, I only needed one can for all four tires; 6 coats each. They look great! Highly impressed with that stuff. I removed all 4 wheels and it took me around an hour (10 minutes for each coat to dry). My car is already black, so I didn't dip anything other than the wheels. I may grab some red Plasti Dip, and see how turns out against my car's finish; but we'll see.

Other than the wheels, I cut some black vinyl to cover the gold bowties on front and back. Looks super clean now. I added a new shift knob, and installed a blue LED dome light. Below are the images of what I've done this morning.

My car lifted, wheels removed, and bowtie vinyled

xromjFSl.jpg

Back bowtie vinyled

Dmqes4fl.jpg

2 coats of Plasti Dip

LSqdbWrl.jpg

4 coats...

4rgOD7Yl.jpg

Finished

dNBeUh9l.jpg

Shift Knob - AutoZone special lol

DRyPZidl.jpg

And last, but not least; the dome light

XY3vjQEl.jpg

If you're wanting to know how I removed the OEM shift knob, I made a thread about it here: http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1285-chevy-spark-shift-knob-removal-instructions/

nice job ! like i said... i suggest (im taking a gamble with my lightest tint in front) Limo Tint for the rear 3...

BTW

Plasti Dip is cheapest at Home Depot 5.99 a can... but they only carry black...

Ace Hardware has White. 7.99

Pep boys carries the Blaze colors and metallics. 9.99

Edited by Paul Delgado

nice job ! like i said... i suggest (im taking a gamble with my lightest tint in front) Limo Tint for the rear 3...

BTW

Plasti Dip is cheapest at Home Depot 5.99 a can... but they only carry black...

Ace Hardware has White. 7.99

Pep boys carries the Blaze colors and metallics. 9.99

Oh ya, all of my previous cars had limo on the back 3, but I probably won't tint the front two. First car I did medium....got popped in Fresno just for tint. Most recent (2nd) car I did Light.....got popped by a fresh-from-boot CHP just for the tint. I am, however, getting factory EV badges so I can drive in the carpool lane. lol Cops won't know the difference, and the thing is so small and *insert favored G word here*, that they may leave me alone for the light tint, too. Who knows in Cali lol

Looks good! If you did all that this morning, what is that car going to look like next week?? LOL :)

Haha!! What can I say...I'm a little OCD lol. Next week will probably be the speakers, tint, badges, and custom vinyl done