NCD: Bought a 2014 Spark, yesterday

Hello all. I am the new proud owner of a 2014 Spark, in black. Had my first experience driving to work today, and I freakin' love this car already. I'm also super new to the forum, and look forward to meeting all of you. Rock on.post-774-0-32098500-1374606497_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club. How's the AC?

This is an interesting question. And the reason, is my old car had a broken AC for years. It gets hot here in southern california. So...I LOVE my AC. lol Once the 'dating phase' has passed, I'll be able to give you a more honest answer lol

Congrats !!! got my spark about 2 months ago

Socal member here too !

Hopefully if enough of us socal owners come to this board we gotta start a Spark Club Socal chapter lol

Hell ya! My buddy just bought a Spark as well. I had him join the forum yesterday. So that's one more from Cali! lol

We also need to start working on the SCCA to make a rule exception for our cars for Solo only, though it is too tall, I think the CG is lower than most cars. Maybe make us run with traction control on so that stability control is also active. Not that I would expect to win against stock Mini's with their 40 horse power advantage (H stock), but because it would be fun to run an accepted car because it opens up all the tracks/courses.

Welcome! Manual is the way to go on small cars! I would think this car could keep pace with a Metro or Aspire, lol, but most of us care more how far it goes on a gallon of gas than how fast it goes. Black is pretty, but you should consider unlimited monthly car washes and car dusters.

Edited by austex04

Welcome! I think you are the first person here with a '14. I just bought my '13 almost 3 weeks ago.

Welcome! Manual is the way to go on small cars! I would think this car could keep pace with a Metro or Aspire, lol, but most of us care more how far it goes on a gallon of gas than how fast it goes. Black is pretty, but you should consider unlimited monthly car washes and car dusters.

You're talking about 15-20 year old budget hatchbacks. I think the Spark could smoke a Metro. Edited by Trancer07

I'll have to check when I get off of work tonight. I didn't know they were out either, until the dealership called me. I told her the specs I wanted, and then was like, "We don't have any 2013's, but I just got a 2014 with those specs. Want it?" lol I used an expletive, followed by the word 'Yes' lol

Welcome and congratulations. Just bought a '13 on 5-31, but due to problems, GM is buying back and my black granite '14 2LT is sitting on dealer lot waiting for GM to finish their paperwork and then swap my '13 for the '14. Won't get into problems I had with the '13 until the paperwork is completed and I am in my '14. Once again, congratulations on your purchase.

Edited by yuwan63755

Welcome and congratulations. Just bought a '13 on 5-31, but due to problems, GM is buying back and my black granite '14 2LT is sitting on dealer lot waiting for GM to finish their paperwork and then swap my '13 for the '14. Won't get into problems I had with the '13 until the paperwork is completed and I am in my '14. Once again, congratulations on your purchase.

Dang, that's too bad for the '13 model you had. I'd definitely like to hear what was wrong with it. It must have been more than just an AC problem, I'm guessing. Edited by Trancer07