So, today, while I was driving, I heard a little rattling originating from the rear of blue bullet. I was taking my partner to pick up his RidgeLine from a nearby Firestone. When we pulled in, I checked out my car. At first I did not notice anything. But upon further inspection, I noticed that there was a metal rod hangomg. I did not know what this was, so we asked the guys at Firestone to take a look. It was a metal strap that kept the gas tank in place. It had broke apart from its housing. Luckily, there was a another strap keeping it attached to the Car. I hauled are to the Chevy dealer where I got my car. They were mad I just rolled up without an appointment, but they took care of it in about an hour. I am so thankful my iPod was not plugged in and not playing as we would not have hears it. This scared the crap out of me.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'll upload a photo soon to show you guys

take it to the dealer dude ...call them up and tell them its urgent

im sure you could probably fix it but EFFFF THAT .... brand new car should have been inspected front and back ... let them deal with it.

I called up my dealer for leaving horrible dirt on one of my wheels and they waxed all 4 the next day.

Oh, yeah. I took it and they fixed it. It had to have happened between this morning after I dropped off my partner, and when I got to work. Because less than 3 hours later, this was happening. We left there just after 12. But how Crazy! gas tank Strap!