Aftermarket Wheel / Tire Pics and Specs

I like the red stripe. I would have to a see one in body color to decide if it looked good. I was actually thinking of plastidipping my stock wheels black and adding a stripe.

I have the green paint, but I've decided I like the offsetting color of the red stripe.

I work at a tire/wheel wholesaler, everyone has aftermarket wheels on their vehicle in the parking lot, mine still manage to stand out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

15x7 +35 205 50 15

My Spark from Dallas, Texas   195/45-15 TOYO PROXES T1R 78V Ultra High Performance Wheels: GTR Sport 15x6.5  4x100/114.3 Offset: +35mm  

Widget BSA Matrix 17" x 7" +38 offset 205/45/17

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi widget i knw its kinda ages now...but i was wondering any issues when u install this mags and tires? I was thinking going for almost same spec as yours its 205/40/17 +38 offset. The mags is 17/7.5..hope to hear from u. Thanks!

They might be ok but the extra .5 might be too close to the bottom strut tower. With mine at +40 and 7 inch wide I'm pretty close. With +38 and just 7 inches you are a few MM away from the tower then mine. But if you go +38 at 7.5 that extra .5 will put it closer to the strut tower. I could be wrong with my thinking and math.

Could you try one on mounted to see?

They might be ok but the extra .5 might be too close to the bottom strut tower. With mine at +40 and 7 inch wide I'm pretty close. With +38 and just 7 inches you are a few MM away from the tower then mine. But if you go +38 at 7.5 that extra .5 will put it closer to the strut tower. I could be wrong with my thinking and math.

Could you try one on mounted to see?

Hi bluer...what i did is instead of 17x7 i bought 16x7 et40 and installed 205/45/16 tire. They were close also but not as close if i take that 17x7.5 et38. Although the people who installed it are telling me thag it might cause some problem with the suspension...car engine performance, handling,etc... but i told them spark are not meant to run like sports car. i have some photos but dnt know how to put it here

Hi bluer...what i did is instead of 17x7 i bought 16x7 et40 and installed 205/45/16 tire. They were close also but not as close if i take that 17x7.5 et38. Although the people who installed it are telling me thag it might cause some problem with the suspension...car engine performance, handling,etc... but i told them spark are not meant to run like sports car. i have some photos but dnt know how to put it here

Yes, it could effect performance if they ate heavier than stock. As for suspension I'm pretty sure it's fine. They are just covering their butts.

My rims and tires weigh 1.5 pounds heavier than stock which is really nothing. As for handling mine handles better than stock.

Anytime you change what the factory has made will change the car. As for photos I upload to photobucket and then link to here.

Yes, it could effect performance if they ate heavier than stock. As for suspension I'm pretty sure it's fine. They are just covering their butts.

My rims and tires weigh 1.5 pounds heavier than stock which is really nothing. As for handling mine handles better than stock.

Anytime you change what the factory has made will change the car. As for photos I upload to photobucket and then link to here.

Hi bluer101...thabks for the info heres the link

received_10152865908511572_zpstgojmlwj.j

received_10152865885146572_zpsoxabnx9d.j

Edited by bluer101

Those wheels would look good on any car! I'm always partial to liking the silver trim between the tire and wheel. I would recommend you grease and cover the center spindle bolt though. Looks like you got the size, ratio and offset exactly to the limit for clearance. When my stock tires were in need of replacement I simply had 205/50/15 put on the stock rims..little soother ride but would have preferred 205/55/15 for really smooth ride but no one was sure they would clear the suspension.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...