• 2 months later...

I think the trick is to just charge the customer for new sensors each time you swap rubber. But you can do it without wrecking them most of the time, or so my brothers say you can. They did say the newer machines make it easier to not wreck the sensors.

I dont know, my machines are about 10 years old. the newer ones have 2 arms, they seem to break more. The single arm works fine, you just have to position the valve stem right and you can save the sensors 99% of the time. the places that charge for sensors every time are full of it. I change my own tires, and so far I have 150k miles on the sensors in my truck. although one seems to finally be going. Some of these newer sensors are really small though, so maybe one in the donut isnt too bad.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the 2015 Spark and ended up buying the 95144059 spare tire kit for it. The tires are 23" and the well in mine is only 22" so they would not fit. The kit puts the tire in the trunk on an angle. I have some pictures and am trying to figure out how to post them. :)

I have the 2015 Spark and ended up buying the 95144059 spare tire kit for it. The tires are 23" and the well in mine is only 22" so they would not fit. The kit puts the tire in the trunk on an angle. I have some pictures and am trying to figure out how to post them. :)

I think a few of our members would be interested in the spare tire kit, you mention, I've scoured the web for the part # you supplied for the spare tire kit, and nothing comes up. Again to the best of our knowledge, there has been no kit for the 2013-2015, Spark, although right from the gitgo we were promised a kit, along with a b/c camera, and a few other accessories, that never materialized. If you could double check that part #, I would contact my dealership, as soon as possible, although I am sure the price would be prohibitive. Could you possibly tell us what you paid for this kit??

Thanx.............

• 5 months later...

I think a few of our members would be interested in the spare tire kit, you mention, I've scoured the web for the part # you supplied for the spare tire kit, and nothing comes up. Again to the best of our knowledge, there has been no kit for the 2013-2015, Spark, although right from the gitgo we were promised a kit, along with a b/c camera, and a few other accessories, that never materialized. If you could double check that part #, I would contact my dealership, as soon as possible, although I am sure the price would be prohibitive. Could you possibly tell us what you paid for this kit??

Thanx.............

I checked with the dealer and they wanted over 400$ for this kit! it's crazy i'm going to try to see if the oem tire fits in there. I have a 2014 1lt.

The dealership prices for anything are insane, but the NYC dealers are able to get them? I am right over the GW bridge, and I inquired about two years ago, when I bought the car,nothing was available. Not that I would those pay prices . :drop:

I checked with the dealer and they wanted over 400$ for this kit! it's crazy i'm going to try to see if the oem tire fits in there. I have a 2014 1lt.

I picked up an unused donut tire and scissor jack from a junk yard for $65 I think? Somewhere around there. It was from a Saturn Ion.

I saw on a website for specs / features on the 2016 Spark and it showed a compact spare . Hard to say how accurate the site was but that would be a step in the right direction if true .

That would be nice. But, I'm not holding my breath. Seems they've eliminated the spare tires for all economy class cars.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our 2015 Spark at 14 months old was totaled. We are in the process of getting a 2016 to replace it. I did get the 2015 spare kit that I bought from the dealer for $446 out of the 2015 thinking that I could use it. It turns out that the 2016 comes standard with the spare tire now and it fits down in the well where it should. So now I have to figure out how to unload the tire kit as I really don't want to just trash it. Hopefully I can find a home for it.