What kind of wax does do you use?

• 1 year later...

I used to use Zaino. I will never use them again. EVER. They claim there products have expiration dates. Mine expired. I ordered new items. The stuff they sent me had expiration dates later then the ones I REPLACED!! I tried contacting them many times, they ignored everyone of my attempts to contact them. Plus there stuff is not that good. Car looks good close up and from some angles, but most of the time looks like crap. Smearing look. I have moved on to Swissvax Concours and haven't look back. Yes it's expensive, but it's worth it, and that jar will last you a long time. When I (amateur) detailed people's cars I used Dodo juice http://www.dodojuice.com/ . If they paid good money they got Swissvax Concours http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=swissvax&Product_Code=SE1015200&Category_Code=WAXES i'm sorry Sparky I strongly disagree with you, Zaino is junk. This is from a former user.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

tried out Meguiars

a buddy asked if i wanted to detail my ride and i said sure...

He bought the stuff i provided the water for a quick rinse.

will post pics of it in the sun tomorrow along with products used

Last year, you said you were going to post photo's. What happened?

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Many people have strong opinions on these matters, but here is my take. I've used traditional polish then wax, I have a Meguiar's wax that I have applied previously. The results were okay, but I felt like it was smudgy and didn't shine as well as I wanted.

However, I have had better luck with cleaner-wax products, particularly the NuFinish polish. It isn't really a strong and abrasive polish, and it leaves a residue that protects like a wax. You don't have to apply two different coats, you do it once and you're done. I've found the finish it provides is clean, has a very good shine with no smudging or uneven look.

But even though I've found that I like it, there are tons of people online that crap all over cleaner-wax "polish" products like NuFinish. I can tell you one thing, I've used it since the 1990's on many cars, between family and friends and my own, and it typically does the best over time I find. Its just abrasive enough to get some minimal scratching out, but it leaves behind a layer of protection just like a wax, and you really only need to do it once or twice a year to keep the shine.

One thing I've noticed on my Spark, the front is getting seriously chipped from rocks and debris. If I would have known it would be this bad, I would have bought one of those plastic/film like protectors when it was new. Now its too late to do so, but I worry about what this hood is going to look like when it gets another few years of usage on it.