Torcon  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want/buy aftermarket Intakes, exhausts, suspension, tuning, etc stuff would you want to buy things?

i have a piggyback. it's little block with software, that makes the software from the spark work better. it is not a chip modification, so the garanty is not in danger.

I gaind in horsepower and torgue. i feel it when i pull up. (not much in top speed)

in combination with an adjusted air intake with KN filter, i now have a little more power, but i have an bi-fuel. so stock is 68hp and if i'm Lucky i have 80hp now.

next is a custom exhaust wich will produce more power. i already have an appointment voor the exhaust end demper. this wil be an RVS (rust prove?) custom made one wich wil be fitted in the hole in the rear bumper. this wil give a low noice and maybe gain 1-2 hp

later i will change the pipe and replace the Catalysator for a race katalysator. this wil gain 5 hp

and after that when i win the lottery i want an custom made (downpipe?) from the engine to the catalysator. al that should give another 10hp.

John van Gelder (look in spark club the Netherlands ;) ) has an 1.2 LT. he has a custom RVS exhaust, chiptuning and open air filter. he has 100hp now ;)

• 4 months later...

The beast is not the car, it's "who" is in the car. While having more HP is always great, have u got the skillz behind the wheel? Oh yea, and that part is not often taught. You're either born with it or you're not.

Not to brag but the very first time I got into a car with my driving instructor, he couldn't believe this was my first time. He really thought I was lying to him because it wasn't how fast we were going, but how I handled the car and I guess he couldn't believe my skills for a 1st timer behind the wheels. Actually, I was surprised myself how easy driving was and I didn't know I was going to be that good and that comfortable at it right from the get go. I knew I had a god-given gift in my hands hehe. Obviously in a straight-away race, a 250 hp car will beat me in a 90 hp spark. But put us in traffic, with pedestrians, corners, moving obstacles, traffic lights, and other variables, and I will do miracles without spilling a drop of water from my drink =)

Edited by cornflakes

I just wanted to add also that I live about 45 km away from TORCON. That's where I've been going to get some stuff done to my car. I'm not offering myself to be some sort of middle man here, but just letting you know that maybe if you wanted me to communicate something to them or get some pics or videos, I could probably do it. I'm going back to TORCON next week to get my black spoiler installed.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 8/10/2014 at 11:06 AM, cornflakes said:

Not to brag but the very first time I got into a car with my driving instructor, he couldn't believe this was my first time. 

It is OK to brag if you got something to brag about. If every driver was as good as you, the insurance companies would go broke. I have been driving for 56 years, and never have caused even a fender bender. Only 2 accidents so far, both times I was rear ended when stopped at a traffic light. Luckily damage was minimum both times, only a small dent in bumper.