Show Off Your Spark!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got them mounted this morning.

Ordered some new wheels off www.carid.com (https://www.carid.com/ns-series-wheels/ns1507-black-86315993.html).   Just picked them up tonight from the UPS hub, missed the delivery since I was

Some recent Modifications 

Posted Images

On 7/25/2017 at 8:00 PM, ChevMan said:

Thanks for sharing, man. That Switchback LED looks awesome. :)

Yw. They look better next to LED headlights, but I haven't found a set that gives good output yet.

20170724_200657.jpg

Edited by Eric1984
  • 2 months later...

So , I finally decided to trade in the 2013 spark 1lt auto with 110,000 mi  for a New 2017 1lt manual .  Its really an amazing car the spark has really made a lot of improvements and this one really feels like a high quality ride , Its so quiet inside , the ride is smooth too. I will be tinting the windows soon . I will always have a special place in my heart for the 2013 spark . But this 2017 is slowly growing on me .

sparky.jpg

19 hours ago, tfraser3 said:

I'm really happy with the Manual transmission. I drove the automatic lt as well but it felt very sluggish to me and kind of boring.  The Manual really allows you to work every ounce of power out of this little engine when you need to no questions asked .

Wise choice with the manual tranny Fraser! You avoided all the CVT issues..I test drove both the 2017 CVT and manual..Night and day. Also very surprized how quiet it is. Stiffer body and tons of features. I'm keeping the 2013 4sp. auto tranny now that I have well over 150Kmi on it with no issues. Recently I bought my brother a 2017 manual and he loves it..had to do it because he was looking at a used all wheel drive car..overpriced and all wheel drive is costly to have fixed if the all wheel drive goes bad. He's very stubborn, but after I took him for a drive to the dealer he loved all the features but didn't have the cash and since I don't like financing of any kind my wife nudged me into a cash purchase. He works in the Marina I sometimes use and works on boat repairs..so I guess he owes me some fixing..Ha..

1 hour ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

Wise choice with the manual tranny Fraser! You avoided all the CVT issues..I test drove both the 2017 CVT and manual..Night and day. Also very surprized how quiet it is. Stiffer body and tons of features. I'm keeping the 2013 4sp. auto tranny now that I have well over 150Kmi on it with no issues. Recently I bought my brother a 2017 manual and he loves it..had to do it because he was looking at a used all wheel drive car..overpriced and all wheel drive is costly to have fixed if the all wheel drive goes bad. He's very stubborn, but after I took him for a drive to the dealer he loved all the features but didn't have the cash and since I don't like financing of any kind my wife nudged me into a cash purchase. He works in the Marina I sometimes use and works on boat repairs..so I guess he owes me some fixing..Ha..

You are so right , It was like driving a different car from the auto to the manual.  We drove from Knoxville to Paris KY about 4 hrs to look at the 2017 1lt auto (Great deal). I drove it and was leaving because I was unimpressed and my 2013 1lt auto drove just as good . But I told them to let me drive a manual. After I let the clutch out the 1st time,  I was sold.  So much fun . so much more control.

2 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

Good call.  My subaru forester just broke down this past weekend.  Between the ball joints and rebuilt axle that fell apart on me, the vehicle is going to cost me a lot of overtime.  Meanwhile, my spark which almost has the exact same mileage has been running really well.  Only complaint is that my transmission doesn't like to shift right away around the 80 km/h mark and the radio tends to need a reboot at least once every 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

Just curious, but what is the advantage over the stock rims? Is it for a wider tire?

I find most people do it for aesthetics most of the time.  What I don't understand is people putting wider wheels on their vehicles and having to dial in as much camber as possible just to tuck them under the car.  I understand the positive effects of negative camber when road racing, but some people just take it way too far.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:42 PM, zamlawls said:

thats clean

Thank you.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:35 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Just curious, but what is the advantage over the stock rims? Is it for a wider tire?

Just  aesthetics. The stock hubcaps or the black steelies are so ugly.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:24 AM, b00duh said:

I find most people do it for aesthetics most of the time.  What I don't understand is people putting wider wheels on their vehicles and having to dial in as much camber as possible just to tuck them under the car.  I understand the positive effects of negative camber when road racing, but some people just take it way too far.

I went with as close to the stock size as I could find and put them on the stock tires. 15x6.5 with a 38mm offset vs 15x6 with a 50mm offset

On 10/10/2017 at 0:01 AM, Eric1984 said:

Got them mounted this morning.

20171010_133115.jpg

Looks great. Seems you did some tyre polish as well.

Just get the front brake calliper and rear brake drum in car color or may be yellow/red to make it more appealing.

I like the chevy stylised steel rim which is much better than regular steel rims with round holes used by other manufacturers.

Check these here -

On 4/27/2017 at 5:43 PM, James said:

My 2017 LT Manual. Nightfall grey

I think that's about all the mods I will do. 

Muds flaps

Roof rack

Blacked out emblems.

Debadge

Rain guards 

20170426_131106.jpg

If you have added rack just for show, then it good. As adding it above roof rails moves center of gravity upward. 

I always afraid of adding rack on a tallboy car because of this. I mean with luggage above rack, I can't think of taking it above 80kph. That too on straight road.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:59 PM, ChevyBeat said:

Looks great. Seems you did some tyre polish as well.

Just get the front brake calliper and rear brake drum in car color or may be yellow/red to make it more appealing.

I like the chevy stylised steel rim which is much better than regular steel rims with round holes used by other manufacturers.

Check these here -

I actually don't mind the look of the drums and calipers. If anything I'd upgrade the rotors to drilled/slotted, but that would only be for looks.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:17 AM, tfraser3 said:

You are so right , It was like driving a different car from the auto to the manual.  We drove from Knoxville to Paris KY about 4 hrs to look at the 2017 1lt auto (Great deal). I drove it and was leaving because I was unimpressed and my 2013 1lt auto drove just as good . But I told them to let me drive a manual. After I let the clutch out the 1st time,  I was sold.  So much fun . so much more control.

My last manual was a 1964 Corvair Monza (top end model). Living in greater Chicago for 37 years, I never bought another manual again, saving me 1 Billion gear shifts over 37 years. :shift::shift: As for a speedster, my 6cyl Camaro could squeal the tires if I wanted to. And that was with an automatic. That car saved my life when the light turned red and I was halfway into the intersection, so I began finishing my left turn, when I see a car coming straight at me at high speed in the opposite direction, obviously jumping the red light. Purely with reflex action I flicked the steering wheel to the right avoiding a horrible collision. The amazing quick & power steering on my Camaro did it's job, but my heart raced for a few minutes with the release of adrenaline.

Edited by Bobby MSME
2 hours ago, Eric1984 said:

Copy cat ;).

We got ours May 2016, when did you get yours?   Until I saw the picture of your car I thought I was the only one with this color in the area.  Only ever see a white, black, purple, green, and splash blue color.  The only electric blue color I have seen was through the I-5 corridor between Oregon and California about 2 weeks ago.

10 hours ago, Redorange said:

We got ours May 2016, when did you get yours?   Until I saw the picture of your car I thought I was the only one with this color in the area.  Only ever see a white, black, purple, green, and splash blue color.  The only electric blue color I have seen was through the I-5 corridor between Oregon and California about 2 weeks ago.

i see that color all the time. But im always on the road in and around tacoma.

12 hours ago, Redorange said:

Got mine February 2017. I've seen one in electric blue in Olympia, and another electric blue about a half hour away? Not sure where it was, I just remember it was while we were camping.

Lately I've seen a lot more 4th gen's in the area, in splash blue, white, and red mostly.