• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

having all the left over cans i decided to dip the spoiler aswell... 1st coat did about 6 coats and wheel touch ups with another full can. finished products. Low Light pic the trunk

recent pic love my new wheels...

plasti dipped my wheels like 5 months ago, everything is holding up real nice

Posted Images

Thank you for this. I'm waiting for my spark to come in from another dealer and can't wait till spring. I was going to have everything done but can't wait todo it myself after reading this. My spark is white and I want to do the rims, mirrors and spoiler yellow. Will probably add my logo to the car as well but not sure I'll do it myself it's a yellow and gray tree.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I plastiiped my wheels but after 6 months I decided

plasti dipped my wheels like 5 months ago, everything is holding up real nice

b3136228-b320-4296-85b7-2ef75fa0fbea_zps

Looks good. I'm planning to plastidip my wheels also and put glossifier. How many coats of pd did you put on yours?

Looks good. I'm planning to plastidip my wheels also and put glossifier. How many coats of pd did you put on yours?

The Glossifier wont make it shine like fresh paint but it will make the dip pop a bit more instead of a flat black...

BTW MAKE SURE TO BUY the GLOSSIFIER and NOT THE CLEAR... the clear will make it flatter than paris hilton

Thanks! Glossifier would be sweet. I did two/three light coats and then two heavier coats on top per wheel. Also it helps with sharp lines to pull the tape off immediately after the final coat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Chevygurlroq said:

You have inspired me my 15 spark is the same color and I was hesitant on the black. I thought it would make it too dark but yours looks really good. You accented all the right parts. I'm still on the fence about doing black myself but at least I know if all else fails I can fall back on black. 

Silver as in stock can be sanded down, polished and re-coated with clear coat (to prevent oxidation), or pure white looks nice..Black kinda is used for bigger wheels on more powerful cars for the power effect..you want nice as the Spark is nice..not powerful..My Rover ..blue body has a powerful V8 and 18"x wide wheels that are factory black..looks normal for a large fast car...I think the white wheels are perfect for a Spark..classy and not like an out of place black. You could even add a red accent around the outer edge off the wheel..seen it done and looks great..That of course is my personal taste and maybe just an old guy thing?..still listen to Buddy Holly and Dell Shannon...OK...'Nuff said on that...

Edited by Retired old Gearhead
  • 1 month later...

i decided i liked the look of black wheels so i removed the wheel covers on my 2016 spark and sprayed black Plasti Dip onto them.

also: changed to long, curly q antenna, thin red pinstripe, NAF chrome letter badge (see username, stuck onto door), matching tan steering wheel cover, taxicab seat beads, rear view mirror dice :hysterical:

IMG_20170202_152355.jpg

Edited by noapparentfunction
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2017 at 5:46 PM, noapparentfunction said:

i decided i liked the look of black wheels so i removed the wheel covers on my 2016 spark and sprayed black Plasti Dip onto them.

also: changed to long, curly q antenna, thin red pinstripe, NAF chrome letter badge (see username, stuck onto door), matching tan steering wheel cover, taxicab seat beads, rear view mirror dice :hysterical:

IMG_20170202_152355.jpg

What's that on your front license plate? I love like something similar on my Spark!

On 2/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, _gyrate said:

What's that on your front license plate? I love like something similar on my Spark!

i can't remember what the brand was, but i bought it at my local AutoZone. it's made of either silicone or rubber.

i was going to buy two until i realized that a rear license plate bumper is useless on the spark as it is too high & recessed to guard anything.

also, make sure you buy longer plate screws.

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2013 at 7:48 PM, Jeph Swift said:

I finally finished my Blue Bullet :) I did tje stripes on the hood, the fin, And the side fender stripes. Well, my brother did, he paints Cars for a living lol.

20130704_201907.jpg

20130704_155248.jpg

20130704_202231.jpg

Hi Jeph, I have a red spark and thinking of white PD on top. Do you suggest it will last for at least a year. Mine is parked in open so can think of all weather effects.

8 hours ago, ChevyBeat said:

Hi Jeph, I have a red spark and thinking of white PD on top. Do you suggest it will last for at least a year. Mine is parked in open so can think of all weather effects.

plastidip will last a long time well over a year. ive had mine on for almost 4 and im just barely going to need a recoat.

theres a company that sells liquid to clean the plastidip ill do some digging and post if i find it