You will usually have about 1.5-2 gallons left when the "fill fuel" indicator comes on. I have driven about 30 miles with that light on, and still had about a gallon of fuel in the tank. I only did that because I was lazy and did not feel like stopping at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

For the first time I drove mine to the Fill Fuel was flashing yesterday. When I got to the gas station (about 10 miles later), I put 9.7 gallons in a 9 gallon tank! And before anyone says it, no, I didn't squeeze it in. When the pump stopped it was already over 9 gallons. I only added about 60 cents to make it an even $32.

Honestly, I'm happy if it holds more - means I stop for gas less often! :)

The thing that got me is that Chevy says it is a 9 gallon tank, which of course means there is a little room for expansion, so yeah you can probably squeeze in another 2/10ths of a gallon, but 7/10ths over the listed capacity without squeezing it in is pretty surprising.

I brought my bike to the same station and used the same pump, so unless it was a one time pump error, it seems to be pretty accurate.

After 13500 miles is was apparent that my filter was over due, the bugs were just packed in there and all the folds were dirty enough that it was time. Glad I ordered the K&N last week and it arrived today. I also just happened to fill up the tank today about 2 miles before changing the filter so I should get a decent idea unless they kill the mileage at the dealer on Friday.

After 13500 miles is was apparent that my filter was over due, the bugs were just packed in there and all the folds were dirty enough that it was time. Glad I ordered the K&N last week and it arrived today. I also just happened to fill up the tank today about 2 miles before changing the filter so I should get a decent idea unless they kill the mileage at the dealer on Friday.

I wouldn't even attempt to gauge the mileage during a week that includes a trip to the dealership. They just idle the hell out of it, and take it for their "test rides". These guys don't hypermile. ;)

Well so far with about 35 miles on the tank I see no real difference, but what I saw taking out the stock filter is that I should change twice a year. That now allows the K&N to pay for itself over the life of the car so I'm not concerned. As far as warranty goes, they send a little card in the package to keep with your car so that if you get grief from a service place you can hand them the phone number and tell them to call, or I can call and they will call the service place back.

Also as far as power claims go, it seemed to have exactly the same power going up the hill to work as it did before the change, the above reason is really the only reason to care about a washable filter. But I'll update that after I get more miles down, I'll have around 150 by the time it goes in for service so I'll probably fill up before going to the dealer and then fill up again after getting it back from the dealer so I can get on with the mileage tracking.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Greg on this. If you plan on having your spark, or any car for the long haul, then the K&N is worth it. I guess. Power gains would be the last thing I would expect from an air filter though. I'm personally skeptical to run ANY kind of oiled filter on today's vehicles. There is a lot of sensor and computer action going on under the hood of cars these days. I wouldn't want any of that oil getting on anything electronic at all. My dad has a 2008 Torrent that he had been running a K&N on for about 7 months. The car started running really weird. Idle was all over the place, and it would sort of "sputter" as you drove it. I removed and cleaned out his MAF sensor, and TPS. After that it ran fine. There is only one thing that could have caused them to get "dirty". Oil from the air filter. he switched back to conventional air filters, and the Torrent has not had the issue since. I haven't had any luck yet, but I'm looking for an AEM dry flow drop in filter for our Spark. Or any washable dry flow filter really..... On these newer vehicles, I'm steering clear of any oiled air filters.

• 3 weeks later...