Had my Infotainment system updated when I had the windshield replaced and now every time I'm in reverse gear I get the "Service Rear Vision System". I wonder if I brought it into the dealer whether or not they would have a solution such as a Rear view camera to install. Anyone else have had this happen to them?

8d4be5dd-77c9-4fa1-92f7-7855d1d447e4_zps

Hi I have the same thing going on in my 2013 Spark. They updated it and then this started happening when I back up. Also the radio was super quiet for like a hour then it kicked on normal also after the update. What should I do ? Should I call my dealer and get the correct update? Thanks for and help

Hi I have the same thing going on in my 2013 Spark. They updated it and then this started happening when I back up. Also the radio was super quiet for like a hour then it kicked on normal also after the update. What should I do ? Should I call my dealer and get the correct update? Thanks for and help

Yep, they screwed up. The update is suppose to get rid of the service rear camera, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wish I could connect a camera that was suppose to be released. You can see that there must be a way.

Same here, I've shopped cameras, but I would like to go into the touchscreen display, I don't want another monitor, second choice is the mirror, which wouldn't be too bad. It seems that they are planning somewhere along the road to introduce one, but the way they drag things out, who knows when. Also their pricing makes me feel as though I might be able to buy a second Spark, with what it might cost through the dealer. :)

Same here, I've shopped cameras, but I would like to go into the touchscreen display, I don't want another monitor, second choice is the mirror, which wouldn't be too bad. It seems that they are planning somewhere along the road to introduce one, but the way they drag things out, who knows when. Also their pricing makes me feel as though I might be able to buy a second Spark, with what it might cost through the dealer. :)

There already is a part number for the whole camera assembly. It replaces the plastic piece above the license plate.

They might have scrubbed the whole idea though. But with the software there has to be a camera connection somewhere. I emailed costal tech the maker of Nav lock picks and they said check back in a few months. I have one in my other vehicle and another in a past vehicle. They allow options normally blocked by the dealer such as, cameras, video in and out.

If no factory option or lock pick happens I already have a seller saved for my rearview mirror.

There is also a spot below the high mount brake light for a camera. If you could at least get the software, then you could put anything you want in there, like maybe a recorder that saves when it senses a large g force change (accident).

• 1 year later...

Every time I'm in reverse gear I get the "Service Rear Vision System". Is there a software update or anything I can do to keep this from happening? From the looks of what's been writen here the car doesn't have a rear view camera. Is that correct?

There is no camera available at this time. Your radio was upgraded with the wrong version of the software, contact your dealership, they will be able to upgrade it to the correct version, this will eliminate the rear vision message.

If I had that message now I would find the correct pinout from the sonic forum and do a quick test to see if it actually works. I think it says that because it detects no video signal.

By any chance is there a menu option to turn rear camera off with that wrong software?

Every time I'm in reverse gear I get the "Service Rear Vision System". Is there a software update or anything I can do to keep this from happening? From the looks of what's been writen here the car doesn't have a rear view camera. Is that correct?

Hi Jacob,

After looking into the owner's manual for your Spark, I did find this information: SERVICE REAR VISION CAMERA SYSTEM: If this message appears in the center stack display, the system may need service. Please feel free to let me know in a private message if you need any additional assistance. I would be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf.

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

• 2 years later...

:lol: Good thing here in India. They cut almost all features which adds cost to make centralised system. So other than top variant, you need to put infotainment system, remote keyless entry, rear camera etc. So its sometime good that being separate install, say you need not to go to GM ASS for fixing rear camera as the infotainment system software is mismatch. I bought a ELM327 bt adapter to get info which is not available. It does gives only couple of basic info, not even which gear its running.