im on vacation from work so i have some time on my hands.

Originally i bought what i thought were chevy emblems for the spark,,,

the dude sent me 2 long decal pieces lol.

they came out pretty good for a first time ...

saturday morning

20130608_135716_zps0f6d856b.jpg

20130608_144052_zps20497ad7.jpg

20130608_135729_zps2660521d.jpg

20130608_150621_zps1b659a53.jpg

Sunday i noticed the "SPARK" logo ... it was a bit ugly being chrome lol so having all that vinyl left i got to work.

20130609_174459_zps033a907e.jpg

20130609_191822_zpsc4f8ca9e.jpg

all in all ill probably have to redo the S and A but im happy with it for now.

also picked this up =D which will be used in another thread =D

20130610_162143_zpsb72e5cb5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So you just used the extra vinyl to cover the bowtie?

no actually i bought the vinyl on ebay too. Thinking it was Pre cut... but it wasn't the guy sent me 2 oversized pieces of vinyl.

cut out the shape myself and with the left over little pieces i did the spark letering

So for the bowtie vinyl you pressed it on the bowtie first and cut it out with a razor?

exactly !

if i would do it again i would leave it a tiny bit over sized. You can fold the extra over in the gap it has between the symbol and chrome outline.

btw never added these...

20130614_182140_zps1ff2c935.jpg

20130614_184248_zps74365e0e.jpg

exactly !

if i would do it again i would leave it a tiny bit over sized. You can fold the extra over in the gap it has between the symbol and chrome outline.

btw never added these...

Looks good. I ordered this a while back and it should be in next week. Any tips ? or is it pretty straightforward to apply ?

Looks good. I ordered this a while back and it should be in next week. Any tips ? or is it pretty straightforward to apply ?

if your talking about the chevy symbol. Your gonna be sent 2 oversized vinyl pieces. I would trace the design over the vinyl and leave space to be able to do a 2nd one just in case.

the side stripes ... if you have thin stripping tape. tape off the design thats on the car then start adding it. Also once your ready to apply the stripe cut off about 6 inches of back layer so its easier to apply.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a sh**-ton of vinyl, and I think I may go with a red bowtie. Do you know if they have that decal in red? Think it'd look great on my black Spark.

Just stretch it over the bowtie and cut around it with a sharp knife, that's what I did and it worked fine.

Any vinyl sticker will work. Choose a color, stick it on, and cut it out.

And if you don't like it, tear it back off and try again.

what these guys said...

cut out a piece and trace it over... thats what i did .

I did the vinyl cut for my bowties, and as an added bonus I Plastidipped my wheels; thanks to all of the other members for inspiring me to do so. All I need now is tint :D

attachicon.gifSmall1.jpg

NICE if you took pics please make a thread and post your experience.

i have the darkest tint on my 3 rear windows and the lightest on the front.

if i ever have an issue im getting limo tint like Logan did to his spark

http://chevysparkforum.com/user/623-logan-vincent-healy/

check out his Topics... spark looks SICK

i still also want to do some stripes also... Not sure if i should go with double striples or one solid strip.... been seeing alot of people with the double... id like to stand out a bit and do one single stripe

NICE if you took pics please make a thread and post your experience.

i have the darkest tint on my 3 rear windows and the lightest on the front.

if i ever have an issue im getting limo tint like Logan did to his spark

http://chevysparkforum.com/user/623-logan-vincent-healy/

check out his Topics... spark looks SICK

i still also want to do some stripes also... Not sure if i should go with double striples or one solid strip.... been seeing alot of people with the double... id like to stand out a bit and do one single stripe

I took 'some' pics of my plastidip experience. Not enough to make a thread, I don't think; but I'll make one anyway. I'm contemplating the striping as well. I may end up doing what I wanted to do with the Lotus Elise; and that is to put a thin, off-center red stripe on the left side from front bumper -> hood -> roof -> back bumper. Think it would look pretty sick against my black paint job

• 11 months later...