I have not noticed any reactions here. There's so many mini Coopers, Fiats, Smart cars, and various hybrids, that the Spark goes unnoticed. Quirky hatchbacks such as the Fit, Accent, and Fiesta are also very popular. The Sparks also seem to be joining the crowd, they don't last long on the dealer lots.

• 2 weeks later...

I get stares, and because of the name, most ask if it is an EV. No....but they are coming.

LOL. We get that question, too. We've been to a couple of family get-togethers and EVERYBODY wants to check it out... but nobody else has bought one.

Well I took the SPARK emblem off the back so now when driving people can wonder what is is, lol.

That's awesome! I think people see "Spark" and assume electric. I do see more and more everyday, and that is a good thing. That means that there could possibly be more aftermarket support here in the U.S.

When I tell people the engine size they tend to be a little taken back. Then I tell them that my riding mower almost has the same size engine, and about a fourth of the HP. That usually gets a laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

On trips to Walmart, I park in the "green vehicle" parking spots right in the front. Something this small bearing the name "Spark" should pull it off enough.

Haha that's too funny. Beats parking in no mans land to prevent door dings!!