Hey guys. I got my insurance rates overview for my Cavalier and it got me wondering, how much does it cost you guys to insure your spark? I'm guessing most of you guys have full coverage. Is insurance more or less than your past cars?

It's a little more than I expected. We added it to our existing policy. The agent told us the reason it is higher is because there is no safety data on file for USA. If you look at your car sticker it says there is no data in that field for the NHTSA. they have not crash tested them here in the states.

If you look at your car sticker it says there is no data in that field for the NHTSA. they have not crash tested them here in the states.

I never could figure out what was up with that. Wouldn't you think if the US didn't do crash tests on this car, the information from euroncap or something would have just transferred to here?

My insurance went down some, this car costs less to insure than the '10 Hyundai Accent it replaced. The Accent didn't have abs, stability control, or daytime running lights, Spark has them. Also, the Spark did much better in the ncap test than the Accent, so it should also fare better in the American crash test as well. I have State Farm, over 25 driver with safe driver discount.