A/C problem figured out!! - See last post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No the Internet can give you a valuable tool to combat stupid dealers.

I felt the same way, but up to now, I still have no regrets, I've never had as much fun with a car, as I've been having with the Spark. Although a pain in the ass, this a/c problem will be resolved. I

Our ac generally works great. But im starting to notice everyone in a while it blows not so cold...I wanna say like coming to a stop. However there are other times at idle itll freeze us out.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a 13 Spark, same thing! Still not fixed, however...

If you have been without your car for 30 days. Not in a row, total days the car was in the shop for ac issues since you bought it?

Call a lemmon law lawyer. We got a 48 month warrenty and a check for 3k, but the ac still wont work.

The dealer damaged our dash prying it apart. Got a new one of those too.

Look for screw driver pry marks on the dash.

• 1 month later...

As an update to the 2014 a/c system. Just returned from a 500 mile roundtrip in low 90s and a/c performed flawlessly. At idle, no difference than at higher rpms, so I would assume that something had to change from 2013 to 2014. Hope this gets resolved for all you owners that are getting ready to start experiencing the warmer weather.

Its unfortunate that some people have had issues with their car but thats a small segment. I haven't seen any aside from this forum with these problems. I make it a point to talk with other Spark owners when I see them and nobody has had these problems. My own runs perfectly also and would gladly buy another one .I'm on numerous car forums and if you think other brands like Hyundai,Nissan ,Subaru , Toyota ect don't have serious problems your kidding yourself. A lot of Fiesta owners have already had blown transmissions.I can't count the Mustangs that have had not only blown manual trans but have had the drive shaft fall out. I don't blame anyone who has had problems wanting to get rid of the car but also see people talk about the problem but not do anything about it other than self diagnosis.I have also seen people " think " they have a problem because a thread was made about it.Bottom line is there are engine and trans failures across the board regardless of brand or model.I recall on my Honda forum somebody having a relatively minor issue and getting so mad they traded for a GTI which promptly took a dump at a intersection leaving the person stranded.I would give Chevy a chance to rectify the problem before losing money and buying something else.

sparkfanatic:

You are exactly right. I just got rid of a 2011 Honda Fit Sport that was nothing but problems and had the worst paint, squeakiest suspension, most uncomfortable seats and a terrible radio/speakers. I had a 2013 Spark 2LT with airbag problems and I worked with GM directly and got a 2014 Spark 2LT replacement and I am as happy as can be. Every car manufacturer, American and other countries, have problems and unhappy owners. I feel bad for people with problems and hope they get their problems resolved to their satisfaction.

Same sh*t, New Year :banghead:

Thank you America for bailing out GM and buying our piece of crap.

sad part is i love this little car !

im experiencing the same alignment issue now as well

as for the rattlings under the dash not sure if its the stuff in my glove box or stuff i have on my doors but i'll have to check...

No engine problems or oil problems ... although when i did the oil change i did notice some funny looking yellow dried stuff from one of the left lower bolt that seemed to have leaked out ... ???