Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We urge people viewing to register and post if you have or don't have this issue, thank you. Also register to join our excellent community. :-)

Please list your year, model, transmission, build date, problem (Yes or No).

Copy and paste in format below please.

bluer101

Year :2013

Model LT1

Transmission:Auto

Build date: 11/12

Problem: Yes

Lazerface

Model 2LT

Transmission:auto

Build date: unknown

Problem: Yes, dammit.

Otay Sparky

Year: 2013

Model: 1LT

Transmission: Auto

Build Date: 4/12

Problem: Yes. It even blows WARM on occasion, but stealer says it works fine!

jibb3r

Model: LT1

Transmission: Manual

Build date: 11/12

Problem: Negative

WaltK

Model 2LT

Transmission:Auto

Build date: 09/12

Classing

Year 2013

Model 2Lt

Trans Manual

Build Date 2/13

Problem YES

Westernpa25

Year 2013

Model LS

Trans Manual

Build Date 9/12

Problem NO functions normally

User: 70-Yenko-Nova

Model: LS

Trans: Manual

idk build date (sorry not home)

Problem: works fine for me.

Jeph Swift

Trans: Auto

Build Date: 1/13

Problem: No, smooth air!

Phil_Can

Build Date: 7/12 or 8/12 I have to check tomorrow

Black Granite13

Model: 2LT

ljrt001

Model 1LT

Transmission:auto

Build date: unknown

joehornback

Model 2LT

Build Date: 5/12

Problem YES!!!

Logan Vincent Healy (Sparkzilla)

Transmission: Auto

Build Date: 2013 (IDK what month)

Problem: Nope, ice cold after about 10-15 minutes.

melanee krauss

2013 Granite (black) Spark, less than 1800 miles

Manual transmission

A/c on and off

Lynnett Lipyanic

Model: Spark LS

Trans: 5 Speed manual

Build date: 01/13

Problem: Yes, took it to the dealer and they said it had a bad A/C compressor (the A/C had never been used). They replaced the compressor, and not even a week later, I am having the exact same problem, again.

Sparkfanatic

Year : 2013

Model : 2LT

Transmission : Auto

Build date : 4/13

Problem : NO

dragonfly1

Model: 2LT

Transmission: Automatic

Build Date: 1/13

Problem: Yes (Comfortable while driving, coming to a stop or idling becomes very warm).

Edited by bluer101
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

Today is our first dog day, we are at 95 deg. and rising. I took the car out to test the a/c, surprisingly it performed flawlessly, took her through the city, and ran about 10 miles up and down the highway, went through all the fan speeds, kept it on recirculate, and she continued to blow cold and steady. I even picked up 1 mpg, on the highway. I definitely felt the cool/cold syndrome, earlier on while testing, but it was under more moderate temperatures. Today, in this high heat, it was great. I would guess the temperature is a factor, but a lot of you have been having these temps, so that blows that idea out of the water.

They are predicting mid to upper 90's for the next couple of days, so I'll definitely be using the a/c. My driveway is not shaded, and the black paint soaks up the heat, so the car gets pretty hot. I will keep a close watch on the a/c, and see how it behaves.

It was about 90 here today, I ran errands for a few hours with the ac on the whole time. It works perfectly. Mine also bakes in the sun for the most part, and the ac is cool within a few minutes, if not sooner. However, I have to get used to the loss of power when pulling out into traffic...

They are predicting mid to upper 90's for the next couple of days, so I'll definitely be using the a/c. My driveway is not shaded, and the black paint soaks up the heat, so the car gets pretty hot. I will keep a close watch on the a/c, and see how it behaves.

Ok, the past few days have been brutal, and I've really worked the a/c, I have to say it has been confusing. The car has been erratically experiencing the cold/cool problem, you can feel the air stream start to warm up, and then turn cold again, especially while accelerating. Cold might not be the right word, at no point was it icy cold, I had a digital thermometer hanging on the center vent, and it was showing a consistent 55-57 deg., with an outside temp of 94, which theoretically is damned good. The temp in the cabin itself continued to drop in spite of the cool/cold cycle. None of the rides were over 20 min., so I didn't really see how low the temp in the cabin would drop. Having the vent blowing right on me, and actually feeling the air warm up constantly, although briefly before turning cold again, makes me feel there is some sort of problem, but honestly, I could live with it, if this is bad as it gets, although being a type A, I like everything in order. I will be waiting along with the rest, to see what happens with Classings results.