Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

Hello All,

I understand that there are some concerns with your vehicles. I cannot guarantee anything, but please feel free to reach out to us via private message message if you would like us to take a further look into your concerns or if we can be of any assistance.

Kristen A.

Chevrolet Customer Care

Some concerns ??? seems the only real concern is the damn A/C ...

i did contact you last year and you did nothing for me except let me know that i already had a case open so you could do nothing for me ...

Hello bluer101,

I do understand your frustration. I apologize for I am new and I'm still trying to get acquainted to the Spark concerns. I can assure that our customer's satisfaction is our priority and we are thoroughly looking into this concern. We thank you for your patience.

Kristen A.

Chevrolet Customer Care

your not new ... you've been on these forums for awhile Kristen ...

it was a hot winter this year and i did get to use my A/C if i could even call it that ... it still sucks ....

when summer comes around it'll be my 4th or 5th trip to the dealer i cant remember right now...Lemon law sounds good right about now ...

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

In her defense, Jackie was the person before.

And AC is not the only problem when a bunch of us now have cars that are consuming oil and need complete engines, and then even worse is the fact that one person got that engine and everything was worse after that. He is now driving a ford and took a huge hit in the bank account to do it!

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/2069-so-im-no-longer-a-spark-owner-heres-why/

We really need top level support personnel to read this forum and really get things done. No offense to anyone from Chevy support that currently posts here, but you just don't have the authority to really help us. Making appointments at the dealer isn't all that useful, we need someone to go to management and say the villagers have their pitchforks and torches and are ready to beseige the gates.

Think of the sample size on this forum, we are build dates all the way through 2013 and the number of problems when they are scaled up should be tremendous. We seem to have a 1 out of 3 AC problem ratio, and it is looking like about 6 or 7 out of the 40 or so regular posters with oil consumption and engine power problems. These are not good ratios when you look at the total number of Sparks sold in the USA and Canada. If this was a problem in the previous versions, Europe would have been on fire with issues, and I didn't find anything to alarm me before I bought. That tells me it is either the newest version, or just the newest North American version that has serious quality control issues.

Anyway you look at it, those of us with problems are branching out to spread the word, every forum member that trades their spark for something else, likely joins that something else forum and likely posts about their experience with GM/Chevy.

Edited by Greg_E

We really need top level support personnel to read this forum and really get things done. No offense to anyone from Chevy support that currently posts here, but you just don't have the authority to really help us. Making appointments at the dealer isn't all that useful, we need someone to go to management and say the villagers have their pitchforks and torches and are ready to beseige the gates.

This is true about setting up appointments with dealers. Everytime I bring my car in with an issue or concern, they get back to me hours later and present me with a tech board print out explaining something CLOSE to what I am expirencing and state that it is normal or cannot replicate it. Then when I ask for a technician to go on a test drive with me so I can show them what I am talking about, I get a service assosiate that runs the service desk. I understand they are trained to an extent, but they are not trained like a technician. Plus, presenting me with the print ups makes me feel as if they dont even know how to work on the Spark. It is as if they log onto a computer and search their resources to figure out how to work on the vehicle. Which just adds to me feeling like they dont really know what is normal and what is not normal. I am too the point that I dont want to even take the car in. It's a waste of my time just to get a "was not able to replicate complaint" or "it is normal for your car to make that".

Current issues that are unresolved

-Same A/C issue 90% of the board members are expirencing (Dealer states= its a small ECO car, A/C is normal)

-Low coolant issue (Not addressed yet

-Gasoline smell in oil and oil level slowly rising (Not addressed yet)

-Rattles under the dash (Dealer states= Unable to replicate noise, rattles normal in cheap cars(yes, they called my car cheap to me, makes me feel important))

-A loud mettalic rattle/knocking noise when accelerating around 2,800-4,000 RPMs (Dealer states= Unable to replicate, rattle/unknown noise is getting louder by the day)

-Steering allighment issue (Dealer states= normal for the vehicle to pull due to the small size. Stated they reset to factory specifications everytime. Odd how it keep going out of alignment, eh?)

Needless to say, I am in the same boat as many other people on this foum. Fed up with the cold shoulder and feel like the concerns are brushed under the rug by the dealers... They are proble just as much in the dark as we are....

Yea, the whole its an economy car thing is BS. My focus had A/C that chilled me out, I actually had to turn up the temp because it got too cold in the cab. Build Quality is something they need to pride themselves on with every vehicle they produce. If a toyota Yaris is build as well as a prius, why should spark be any different from cruze?

I am sad to say I looked at a Prius C the other day. I have never owned an import vehicle.. but for the mileage it looks like my only option if they cant figure this stuff out. and If I have to take a hit to have a reliable car, after trading in my 2 reliable vehicles for this one... I am going to let EVERYONE know about it that I can find that could be interested in this model.

I really really feel like a class action lawsuit is going to be our only resolve on these issues, since GM doesnt care to actually help us. and yes Lovgun7 that is EXACTLY what happened to me last year during the summer "You have a case open, we cant do anything. check back later"

The only people who win in a class action are the lawyers, we'll be lucky to get a few hundred dollars, and we'll still have a busted car worth half what we paid. But if that is the way you feel it must go, then by all means hire a lawyer and put the word out to contact him or her. After you get a few people to represent, then the class action can begin. But again, I think we as the consumer lose either way, satisfaction is the only thing we could hope for from such an end.

If things don't work out favorably, I'll go back to looking at a Ford too, still wish KIA/Hyundai had their A segment cars in the USA. And you bought an import when you bought this Chevy, it is a Daewoo Matiz except Chevy bought Daewoo a few years ago and now it runs as Chevrolet Korea or Chevrolet India (domestic market only) or Chevrolet South Africa (which brings them in as parts and final assembly happens for domestic market). The fords you are looking at are probably 50 percent or more out of foreign (to the USA) parts, might even be a complete import.

• 4 weeks later...

I used the A/C recently when it got in the upper 80's, certainly nothing close to the 100+ temps that will arrive in a few months, and it was not acceptable. I think the thing to do is wait till the temperature is a 100+ before you take anyone from the dealership on a test ride. When you do, make sure the windows stay rolled up and drive until the arrogant little bugger in the passenger seat starts to experience heat stroke, then drop him off back at the dealership in time for them to call 911. That will get their attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Came in to get my fogs programmed and there is a New recall for a/c that came out on April 9th or Something. They test a/c compressor and they will replace it if it's bad.

I will be calling my dealer on monday to hear more about this recall! But as Spark owners, shouldn't we be getting some sort of mail of email or some type of notification stating there is a recall?

• 3 weeks later...

I took my car in for an oil change yesterday. The service advisor said Ill need to bring my car back in a few days for the AC Service Bulletin. Sounds like its a near all day process so they're getting me a rental car.

Hi all new to the forum so sad this is my first post I have a brand new 2014 Spark LT1 and I am sitting in the dealership right now 300 miles on the car and AC died. Was just told a high pressure switch failed and they have to replace it and recharge the AC.

Hi, and welcome to the forum, this doesn't sound like the problem most of the guys here have been experiencing, hopefully they should have you up and running pretty quick. Let us know how you make out. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...