I figured I would start a thread for the possibility of a backup camera. We all know there is a part number for a factory backup camera but nothing announced yet. Then in the most recent Mylink update it addresss a service message that the rear camera needs service. Then while installing my color matched radio bezel I pulled the radio to check inputs. There is an extra input that could possibly be for a rear camera. It's right below the yellow antenna connector. The photo below is from an eBay ad from a Chevy Sonic but is identical to the Spark.

image-7.jpg

• 11 months later...

I figured I would start a thread for the possibility of a backup camera. We all know there is a part number for a factory backup camera but nothing announced yet. Then in the most recent Mylink update it addresss a service message that the rear camera needs service. Then while installing my color matched radio bezel I pulled the radio to check inputs. There is an extra input that could possibly be for a rear camera. It's right below the yellow antenna connector. The photo below is from an eBay ad from a Chevy Sonic but is identical to the Spark.

image-7.jpg

Hey bluer101,

A quick question not necessarily regarding the topic, but a curiosity with the stereo. The AUX/USB that connects to the stereo is a 5 pin connector? Do you know if you can remove the usb and aux from the housing where you connect your device (basically what the driver see's underneath the lighter).

I'm asking because, I'm thinking of giving this a shot (if GM did the same thing as the USB port on the camaro, where the USB is actually connected by a Micro USB cable that goes into the stereo) with a Aftermarket radio that has USB capability I was thinking of buying the Spark LT USB/Aux housing/adapter) and connect the a USB cable to the After Market Stereo and the other end hook it to the adapter. (same with aux, just run an aux cable from the after market stereo to the aux on the adapter)

It's a bit crazy but it would look cleaner to have a USB by just changing the adapter on the front

(My spark is the LS so it only has the AUX)

I'll add some fuel to this.

My radio spazzed out a few weeks ago. Lost all presets, lost bluetooth ability. Wasn't available in the options list. It was only showing two speakers hooked up..

Also showed two pages (!) of phone options. a page and a half of Bringo map choices. North America.. South America. China.. Israel. Japan.. etc etc etc.. Whut?

and there was an option in the menu for "backup camera"

When I put the car in reverse the radio would go black and read "Missing rear view camera"

It never did it again. I think the USB stick I inserted did it.

I have pictures to prove this too. Crazy! That means a RVC is in the system, and can be 'turned on' somehow.