Comments you have got on your Spark

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh no they didn't! It is not ugly like the Aztec, that thing was hideous!

I, too, was attracted to the Spark by its styling. I think it is even more attractive than the Sonic, which is a good looking ride. The Aztek was the ugliest thing ever to come out of GM. YUCK!

Nice wheels (winter set up), how is it in the snow, cute, a Smart car is in the lot, what kind of mpg and the follow up is it a hybrid? How do you fit in it, did you remove front seat, is it fast, how

Most people ask "what kind of gas mileage you get"? I tell them the truth, about 35-37 mpgs around town, and over 40 mpgs hwy now that I have slower speed limits. Next I'm sure it'll be "do you have AARP"? Lol, most Sparks around here are owned by older people.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kind of funny. My sister (whom I love very much) can NOT grasp the idea that my Spark is NOT an electric car. I have told her numerous times that it is not, but she insists that they would not name a car a Spark, if it wasn't electric. Two things here....she is not very good on knowing about cars, and I don't live close enough to her to show her the car and what is under the hood. That day will come soon though, I will than pop the hood and show her the gasoline motor. She will still believe however that it MUST be an electric car with a battery underneath or something, Like I say,,,,she doesn't 'know' cars. ;)

I get asked about mpgs and how I get in and out. I'm 6' and 250lbs. I tell them it's great on mpgs but small tank means I'm at the pump a lot. They also ask if it's an electric. As far as getting in and out. I tell them it's like the T.A.R.D.I.S. It's bigger on the inside.

• 2 weeks later...

I get asked about mpgs and how I get in and out. I'm 6' and 250lbs. I tell them it's great on mpgs but small tank means I'm at the pump a lot. They also ask if it's an electric. As far as getting in and out. I tell them it's like the T.A.R.D.I.S. It's bigger on the inside.

That's why I got this sticker :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155037558/its-bigger-on-the-inside-precision-cut

I've been asked the following questions:

"When is the other half of your car being delivered?"

"Where is the wind-up key to power that thing?"

"What the heck are you driving around, a roller-skate?"

(In response to the lime green color) "Wow, who did you lose a bet to?"

The best part is, most of them are people who probably get 13 mpg with their vehicles, so when I mention mine, they tend to back off...

Goldfish---I NEED that sticker! That's so awesome!

Had 2 more people comment on it. One guy stopped me to tell me how nice he thought it looked. As I was sitting in the store parking lot a guy yells " that's a smarter smart " . He came over and asked me how I liked it , told him I loved it and drive it all over. I said btw I had owned a smart and the Spark is better in every way.

Had 2 more people comment on it. One guy stopped me to tell me how nice he thought it looked. As I was sitting in the store parking lot a guy yells " that's a smarter smart " . He came over and asked me how I liked it , told him I loved it and drive it all over. I said btw I had owned a smart and the Spark is better in every way.

There's nothing smart about a Smart Car. Expensive, poor MPG (worse than a spark) and completely useless - no cargo area and can't fit more than two people.

The few people who I haven spoken to about my Spark liked it . They thought it was a cool small car. 1 asked if it was electric when I was buying gas LOL .. There's always going to be stupid people making ignorant remarks about mini cars . I overheard one couple say they needed to buy a car like that . They must have noticed my dealers name on the license plate frame and said will they will have to go there .

I thought the Spark was electric too when I first saw one. "Spark" ... goes right along with "Volt"

Here is what I have received:

"Is that electric?"

"is that a Smart car?"

"Is it three cylinders?"

"Are you not afraid of dying in a car crash?"

"Who makes this car?"

"Why are you driving a girl car?"

"Can you drive it on the freeway?"

'That thing is a 5 speed?' (yes)
'Will it chirp 2nd?' (Yes if you try)

'That thing must get a million miles a gallon!' (close... 39+ winter 42+ summer)

'How's the back seat?' (more room than my father's super cab 2004 F250)
'They actually make an intake for this? For what?' (noise... top end revs a littttttttle quicker too)

The Aztek was not pretty, but the Nissan Juke, Cube, and Murano all have it beat big time in the ugly department. The first thing that attracted me to the Spark was it's looks. To me it looks better than any other small cars. I absolutely loathe and despise hybrids and electric cars. I have been an internal combustion guy from day one. If I get a Spark, I will have to have a decal made to put on the back that says "NOT a hybrid" or "powered by internal combustion"

My husband says my Spark looks like a Versa and a Smart Car had a baby.

A friend of ours says it looks like a Roller Skate!

I just giggle and say that they are jealous since my car cost half of what they paid AND I have TVs in mine ;)

Most regular cars are disposable, when you are done driving them they are typically worthless compared to the price when you bought it. And in my case I try to drive them until they are ready for the crusher to recycle the raw materials.

Being a vintage/classic car enthusiast, I have a problem with the concept of "disposable" cars. Both my Chevelle and Nova are worth considerably more than they were new. And they are easy to work on, mostly because they have no electronics. All the parts are still available after 50 years. But they are not something I would risk by driving on a daily basis. And they would not be comfortable on a long trip. Neither have A/C. So I am looking for a disposable car, simply to use for a car. But it still needs to be reliable and last a long time. I'm looking for a car that will take me 200,000 mostly trouble free miles, with lots of maintenance and no abuse. But being new, the Spark is unproven. Nobody has one with really high mileage, so nobody knows how long they will last. It is a known fact that a Toyata Yaris can top 200,000 miles. But I don't like the way it looks, the gas mileage is not that great, and I just can't see myself driving a Toyota.

As far as comments, one guy told me that the Spark was GM's modern version of the Vega. I didn't like the sound of that. Back when I was a teenager, I wanted a Vega, and was trying to buy a slightly used one. The salesman actually talked me out of it, telling me they were no good. So I bought a '73 Pinto instead. No problems. It had 155,000 miles on it when I sold it to buy a Camaro.

Comments I received so far:

"I never saw a car that color before...." I own one with the Lemonade color and apparently nobody has ever seen this shade of yellow before. <.<;

"-points to shirt with Spongebob then at my car-" - Two Year Old's opinion on my Sparkachu is that my car is Spongebob...

-"Is that electric? How do you plug it in." -Sorry it is not electric..

-"It reminds me of Pikachu..." -My silly friends.

-"You won't ever lose that in a parking lot"

-"Wow that's really cute."

-"Well at least it isn't a Smart Car!"

-"Is that a two door car? HOLY...there's two other doors?" -People seem shocked that there are four doors....

-"This car looks like a toy..."

Ran into a guy at Home Depot today with a Denim Spark. I ask him how he liked it. He said it was actually his wife's car, but they both loved it, and had had no issues with it at all. Less than 3000 miles on it. One thing I didn't really care for was all the blue trim on the inside. Made it look just a bit TOO toylike.

• 5 months later...

Main one we usually get is "is that thing electric"?

I get that a lot... Also why didn't you get a green one? And I guess you never lose it. Then the that's a cute car,and what kind of mileage does it get.

I have the big green frog in the back seat and when I go through a drive through I tell the girl at the window. "My friend in back wants a large order of Flies...."