2013 Chevy Spark - U.S. Sales Totals?

Fooling with the iPad this evening, I found this 2013 Spark "deliveries" data on the GM Investor's Web Site.

January: 3,308

February: 2,836

The last couple of months of 2012 were similar.

I wondered because I've only seen two others on the road since we got ours. (East Tennessee is Pickup & SUV territory)

• 3 weeks later...

I think they're selling all the Sparks they can manage to pack onto the few ships coming over. One factory may be supplying Sparks for Europe and the US not to mention Korea's own domestic markets. Our dealer only had one yellow Spark that wasn't prepped yet a few week back and when I went in for the oil changes on our two Sparks, there wasn't a single Spark available.

I've seen perhaps a dozen on the road so far. A few I pass on the road on a regular basis.

I'm not sure if all the states are even getting Sparks yet on this initial rollout. Another interesting thing is that both my wife and I have noticed that almost all of those we see on the road are driven by middle-aged and up folks like ourselves. I'm 59 LOL!

post-268-0-14613400-1364431325_thumb.jpg

I think Spark sales are going very well considering its an A segment car. Love the front plate Elroyjetsn

I think they're selling all the Sparks they can manage to pack onto the few ships coming over. One factory may be supplying Sparks for Europe and the US not to mention Korea's own domestic markets. Our dealer only had one yellow Spark that wasn't prepped yet a few week back and when I went in for the oil changes on our two Sparks, there wasn't a single Spark available.

I've seen perhaps a dozen on the road so far. A few I pass on the road on a regular basis.

I'm not sure if all the states are even getting Sparks yet on this initial rollout. Another interesting thing is that both my wife and I have noticed that almost all of those we see on the road are driven by middle-aged and up folks like ourselves. I'm 59 LOL!

GM March Sales Figures are in.... Chevrolet delivered 3,538 new Sparks last month. Not bad with little or no advertising. I've seen a couple of different national TV ads for the 2013 Sonic during the NCAA tournament games, but never anything except You Tube spots just featuring the Spark.

GM March Sales Figures are in.... Chevrolet delivered 3,538 new Sparks last month. Not bad with little or no advertising. I've seen a couple of different national TV ads for the 2013 Sonic during the NCAA tournament games, but never anything except You Tube spots just featuring the Spark.

Here in Metro-Detroit, I see several at the local Chevy dealers and then - POOF - they are all gone until the next shipment arrives. You're point about the lack of advertising is well taken - I have not seen one Spark specific ad here in Michigan, Nevada or Florida. Yet, they still sell - I suppose by seeing them and word of mouth. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky to get the last one, my dealer told me they sell an average 1-2 per day. They sell them almost as fast as the get them in and prepped. I'm not surprised the Spark appeals to the mature crowd, the same thing happened years ago when the Echo arrived here, as well as Honda's Fit. Automakers coming out with new models ment to appeal to younger buyers are doing the opposite. Times have changed.