I ended up using foam weather strip from Home Depot on the bottom sides of the wood also. It creates a nice cushion.

I ran the wire the same way down the side. I used a long zip tie to fish the wire past the B pillar. I'm glad everything works good. I have my remote boost set at half and I don't know what it is on the unit itself. I used a test tone of 40 hertz to set gains with the head unit at 3/4 volume.

Need finished in car photos.

Nice! I setup the remote boost to be in the glove compartment and ran the wire all behind the dash to the side with the power cable. I'll take pictures of the finish project.

:) Next step aftermarket Radio. Already have the Custom Frame for a Double din radio. Just got to find a good Stereo.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decided to make a separate thread for the upgrade photos. Product Hideaway Fronts Rears Wiring Sub

Hideaway Install

It is real easy to hook up. I ended up buying the Metra speaker adapters so I did not have to cut any factory wires. No you do not need to remove the radio either. There are 6 wires that you need t

Posted Images

Nice! I setup the remote boost to be in the glove compartment and ran the wire all behind the dash to the side with the power cable. I'll take pictures of the finish project.

:) Next step aftermarket Radio. Already have the Custom Frame for a Double din radio. Just got to find a good Stereo.

How can you change the radio since it is so integrated into the setup systems of the car?

How can you change the radio since it is so integrated into the setup systems of the car?

I have the frame, to answer your question hit this link. Metra just announced the new Harness for Chevrolet Spark 2013. The link below is the news/announcement

http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/3030/add-some-aftermarket-spark-with-new-metra-installation-kit/

For the actual harness go to: http://www.metraonline.com/

:drool: I'm Excited! Can't wait to have a custom radio.

I have the frame, to answer your question hit this link. Metra just announced the new Harness for Chevrolet Spark 2013. The link below is the news/announcement

http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/3030/add-some-aftermarket-spark-with-new-metra-installation-kit/

For the actual harness go to: http://www.metraonline.com/

:drool: I'm Excited! Can't wait to have a custom radio.

That looks awesome! It isn't available yet I just checked metraonline. Let me know when you get this setup, I'd like to see it installed and first hand how install went and how it all works before I dive in. I'd also like to know the price!

That looks awesome! It isn't available yet I just checked metraonline. Let me know when you get this setup, I'd like to see it installed and first hand how install went and how it all works before I dive in. I'd also like to know the price!

I will keep you posted. I called Metra yesterday but reached them 1 min too late and they were close, I left a voice-mail asking about the product release and pricing. I think it said Spring 2013 or Summer 2013 (read it somewhere yesterday).

Joe, if I read this right, he is converting from the basic radio, I believe he has the LS, whereas in your LT, you have the mylink radio, two different animals. That is why he has the double din adapter, and you are already at double din.

Yep, I have the LS version, however Metra will most likely have one for the LT version as well, shouldn't be much difference except probably some wires/connections. (Not sure) we won't know until we see them, or it could be that they will sale it as an all-in-one regardless of model.

I ended up using foam weather strip from Home Depot on the bottom sides of the wood also. It creates a nice cushion.

I ran the wire the same way down the side. I used a long zip tie to fish the wire past the B pillar. I'm glad everything works good. I have my remote boost set at half and I don't know what it is on the unit itself. I used a test tone of 40 hertz to set gains with the head unit at 3/4 volume.

Need finished in car photos.

Here are the finished pictures of the Kicker and Bass Control.

Sorry, had to pull the net, otherwise it wouldn't look perfectly

Final Product with Kicker Hideaway

The bass control in the Glove compartment.

Bass Control for Kicker Hideaway

:happy feet:

Just to update,

I just received a call back from Metra, they stated that the kit will work for any model of the Spark.

They also stated that I was correct, there will be a kit for Spark and is in production right now, they aren't sure how soon they will get them but they are anticipating to get them some time this "spring".

The model # for Double DIN is: 95-3309B

Single DIN is:99-3309B

They do not have pricing, Metra isn't a retail so they don't have prices for customers, however they still don't have pricing for Dealers or anything. So there is no clear word on the pricing.

:) Hope that helps. At least we know we will have a kit for it.

Looks good, now how do you like the sound?

I like it, it sounds very good! good bass for the car. Pretty much matches perfectly for the car size. However, of course I do like better the Camaro, but that's because it has 9 speakers (Boston Acoustic) + 2 12" Inch Subs (Polk Audio) with Dedicated AMP. <-- It's insane I know -_- I think I overkilled it.

But overall the spark sounds very good! One thing, now I'm not sure but it may be my phone, the volume, I need to raise up about 3/4 or near max to have loud music. I think it's just my phone not doing the best of outputting the music loudly. After all, I am using the AUX cable since I don't have the mylink stereo.

I stream my music over Bluetooth from my iPhone and it sounds great. I notice the USB port is lower volume than all other sources.

The sound in the car is a perfect match with all the Kicker speakers, not going to

Blow you away but impressive for a small package.

I used to show trucks and had a big systems in the 90's.

I had 4- 12's, 4- 6 1/2's , 4- 4's, and 4- 1's. All with 3 dedicated amps, crossovers, and tons of crap. Back in the day it was all about SPL and won many competitions with it. Now I just want good sounding music cheap, lol.

Edited by bluer101
  • 1 month later...
What do the Kickers sound like without the Sub? I cant believe how bad my system sounds in my 2LT Man

I answered in the other thread, but they sound better but still need the low and mid to fill it in. That's where the hideaway comes in. It's now a complete system on a budget. The whole thing costs no more than $500. Yeas you can do something cheaper but that's not how I do things. Now it's all matched and get lots of compliments on it. Every time I'm at the dealer they want to show my car to someone, lol.

Man, this kicks arse! I upgraded my speakers to Kickers as well. I think I lasted about a week with the stock set up. I put in a 8in Bazooka tube for bass. I had it already so no money spent there. That being said, I think I will copy your design if you don't mind. I would like to have some space back that I lost when I put the tube in. Plus, flush is better and cleaner.

Borrow all you want. Someone else did already, that's what it is there for. I originally was going to add the 8 inch bazooka tube with stock speakers. Then decided to do all Kicker with the Hideaway, I'm sure glad I did. I get many compliments about the factory look. The carpet is spot on with factory color.

So this may sound like a dumb question, but seeing as this will be my first speaker upgrade in any car. What do I have to look for in terms of specifications when doing this to the Spark so there is no hassle?

I am looking at either going with Pioneer or Rockford Fosgate

Thanks for your help :D

- Brit

If you're just upgrading/replacing the OEM units, just make sure you have 4 of these (metra 72-9300) sold in pairs, so buy 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METRA-72-9300-MAZDA-NISSAN-SPEKAERS-CONNECTORS-PAIR-/180690290670?pt=US_Wire_Harnesses&hash=item2a11fb07ee

And you can pretty much get whatever 4in (front) and 4x6in (rear) speakers that tickle your fancy

Does anyone else with the KS40s notice distortion at around 18-20 volume level?

I really hope mine arent blown already :(

I had the bass turned down to like -4 or -5, but now I've got it all the way down (-12)...Ive got some really bad distortion, or theyre blown

Does anyone else with the KS40s notice distortion at around 18-20 volume level?

I really hope mine arent blown already :(

I had the bass turned down to like -4 or -5, but now I've got it all the way down (-12)...Ive got some really bad distortion, or theyre blown

hate to tell you ... 99% sure yours are blown ....

ive cranked mine to 30 - 35 and no distortion.

lucky for me i paid the extra $18 for the 3 year warranty ...