Chevy Spark Front and Rear Speaker Installation Guide

If you can, would you try sliding it under the passenger seat to check the fit? Not sure I would want to ride in the seat, but it might sound good for us single occupant commuters.
If you can, would you try sliding it under the passenger seat to check the fit? Not sure I would want to ride in the seat, but it might sound good for us single occupant commuters.

I don't think it will fit due to a airbag module under there. Besides this unit is very small even if you don't sink it in the tire well. I'm going to try it first just in the back before I build it in.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I installed new speakers in the front and rear of my Chevy Spark 1LT. In no way am I a car audio expert so do this at your own risk. Speakers used: Kicker KS40 (4 inch round) for the front an

thanks for the harness adapter thats definitely good info

Well you could trim the speaker cup in the spot where the factory harness meets the factory speaker and it would mostly like fit in the speaker cup.

Posted Images

Kicker hideaway subwoofer was installed today. It was a pain the ass to remove the stereo dash trim. Ill post pics tomorrow

Why did you need to remove the dash trim? The Kicker hideaway gets hooked up to the rear speakers, ground by the unit, and power ran to the battery.

Also how does it sound?

I'm going to remove the dash trim to install the color matched trim soon, I just need to order it.

Plastic removal tools and removing the glove box like one of the threads on here mentioned. The remote turn on wire was spliced into the USB wire since its an accessory lead. I got my grounded to the bolt of the rear seat in the spare tire well. It sounds great after I've tweaked it some.

groundwire.jpg
ground wire hooked to rear seat bolt in the spare tire well

kickerhideaway.jpg

I havent truly mounted it yet im still figuring that out

I installed the rear speakers today. I ended up grinding notches out of the mounting tabs to make sure the speaker is centered and using all 4 screws. I pulled out the speaker shelf out of the Spark which made its easier. The sound is s lot better than before. Now the fronts sound muffled compared to the rears. I'm going to change the fronts tomorrow. Then going to do the Kicker Hideaway.

Hope no one minds me posting here since the speakers and sub are the same as thecrowtv's setup.

post-460-0-73392400-1361238525_thumb.jpg

post-460-0-93331300-1361238535_thumb.jpg

Ok here is how i strapped down the kicker hideaway in the spare tire well using the straps provided. I had to purchase 4 8mm nuts (I used wingnuts).

I punched a hole in the strap about 1/2 to 3/4 inch towards the end of the strap and pushed the strap onto the bolt closest to the outside of the car. I consider the buckle to be the beginning of the strap. I laid the strap down and punched another hole where its tight with the bolt towards the interior of the car and applied a wing nut.

strapswingnut.jpg

The third and final cut and is about 1.5 inches from the end of the strap before it hits the buckle as seen in the pic below.

strapsinstall.jpg
I did cut the buckle off each strap but thats more of my preference

Do you cover the well up so its hidden below? How does it sound now? Are you happy with the bass? I have yet to hook mine up yet, maybe this weekend.

Where did you go through the firewall for the battery? I asked you before why did you pull the radio trim when you can tap off the rear speakers for its signal. Also the manual says you don't need the remote wire. You can use the speaker level input to sense the signal and turn the Kicker on.

Here is a photo of my front speakers, did it last night very easy. Just changing the speakers has made a big difference. The nice thing about the Kicker KS series is they are made for free air applications.

post-460-0-49826900-1361364679_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluer101

Yeah i put one of the styrofoam inserts on top of the subwoofer, doesnt seem to overheat. The bass is great once you get it adjusted to your liking.

I had it professionally installed and yes he went thru the firewall to hook into the battery. He gave me some double sided tape to attach the bass remote to.

Yeah i put one of the styrofoam inserts on top of the subwoofer, doesnt seem to overheat. The bass is great once you get it adjusted to your liking.

I had it professionally installed and yes he went thru the firewall to hook into the battery. He gave me some double sided tape to attach the bass remote to.

Thanks for getting back. I'm going to try to work on the Hideaway this weekend. I ordered carpet and need to buy the MDF wood too. I'm going to sink and flush thevHideaway in the floor. I'm also trying to make a removable panel to store the air pump, tire glue, and a set of jumper cables.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone installed these speakers without the harness adapter? I just ordered the speakers.

How hard would it be to splice wires for these speakers? Also with these speakers, will I have to find a prong that fits onto metal fittings on the speakers or do they come with wires that fit the prongs?

Has anyone installed these speakers without the harness adapter? I just ordered the speakers.

How hard would it be to splice wires for these speakers? Also with these speakers, will I have to find a prong that fits onto metal fittings on the speakers or do they come with wires that fit the prongs?

They come with wires and prongs. We just bought the Metra adapters because they were cheap and no factory cutting.

i installed without the harness.

i just broke the spark adaptors exposing the wire and wired the kicker speakers together with the car wire.

massive improvement... factory sucks ....

I just used the speaker wire from the new kickers, and used one end to attach the speaker. On the other end I attached speaker terminal connectors, and then connected them to the harness. No splicing or cutting of the factory harness.

post-323-0-39944700-1371652062_thumb.jpg