Hello everyone, I am looking for some help. A few months ago I bought a base model 2013 Spark LS and as much as I love my car the factory radio has to go. I bought a new dash kit that would support a double din radio but that is as far as I got. I can not for the life of me find a radio wire harness to fit a 2013 Spark but just can't find it. Does anyone know if it is possible to install an aftermarket radio into a Spark and if so can it be any radio or does it have to be a specific radio designed for a Chevy? Has anyone seen a wire harness for this vehicle? Any help would be great.

There are a couple of things with the factory radios that may make this a difficult swap, the biggest is the data control for the BCM (body control module). Not an impossible hurdle to overcome, but I've only seen this from the direct from China supposed factory radios. I haven't gone looking for factory harness adapters yet, but it sounds like you saved me the trouble, sure wish the factory service manual was availble so we would at least know what each wire does. Last time I checked with my dealer they said the manual would not be available until March. I don't know if Chevy always uses the same wire colors in the radio so it will be a bunch of test and failure to find out until someone either gets it right, or the service manual is available. I would guess that it will be the same for all 2013 models that have the same MyLink system, Sonic, and probably Cruze will be the same.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, I am looking for some help. A few months ago I bought a base model 2013 Spark LS and as much as I love my car the factory radio has to go. I bought a new dash kit that would support a double din radio but that is as far as I got. I can not for the life of me find a radio wire harness to fit a 2013 Spark but just can't find it. Does anyone know if it is possible to install an aftermarket radio into a Spark and if so can it be any radio or does it have to be a specific radio designed for a Chevy? Has anyone seen a wire harness for this vehicle? Any help would be great.

Hi

I to have the base model 2013, and Ive just bought a new 2-din stereo. Can you help me out with this problem I have? - How on earth do you get the dash frame off? :-( I cannot get the frame off...I can take the glovecompartment off and then see that there are some clips...but I dont know if i am suppose to disassemble them or not..

Looking forward for your answer :-)

Daniel from Denmark

• 1 year later...

To get the radio panel open, is actually much more simple than you would think. The panel immediately surrounding the radio (including the two vents, the emergency light switch) can be gently detached without any preparation at all. Just get a flat very thin object in under it, and little by little lift it up from the bottom, side, top, and so on.

I had it off recently, but discovered I needed a kit to install the radio... I will be installing in February, and will make a video. I will update once I have done this...