• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back up / Reverse - 921 Front turn signal / Parking - 7444 Hi/Low Beam Headlamp - H13 Licence Plate - W5W Rear Signal / Turn - 7443 Rear Brake / Stop - 7443 Foglamps (optional OEM) - H8 I'll be

The LED Headlights I put in work amazingly well. Good Pattern (Havent been flashed once), and are more than bright enough. High beams dont really work (they flash and add a little light to the upper p

Try the turn signal connector, that's another one that is very difficult to remove. So don't feel bad, I noticed the same issue with their choice of connector, they really hold tight! I managed to get

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I would like to ask If anyone of you have tried Philips Vision LED T10 6700K do they work as sidelights or I will need a can bus control module?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: They DO work guys, and it looks awesome! :happy feet:

Edited by theoth
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I would like to ask If anyone of you have tried Philips Vision LED T10 6700K do they work as sidelights or I will need a can bus control module?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: They DO work guys, and it looks awesome! :happy feet:

Can you add a link to the lights? Also a picture of them on woul dbe awesome to!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just ordered a set of LED headlights....$123.25 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states for H13 High/Low bulbs, harnesses. They are here:

http://www.shop.metrictlc.com/E-Vision-LED-Lights-E-Vision.htm

Use code: Mudled at check out for discount.

Here is the run down of the specs and images of the lights: http://forum.ih8mud.com/labrak-metric-tlc/789927-definitive-group-buy-e-vision-led-headlights.html Appears to be a pretty good deal

Edited by Shane Duus

But do they really work? This seems like a group buy, do you think there will be a second round

I don't know the answer to either question, but, these have a control module, just like aftermarket HID lights, so I don't see why they wouldn't work. The pics shown show good light pattern, and supposedly do not blind on coming drivers like HIDs. I am hopefull. Hopefully they will get here soon, so I can test and post results. I have sent the guy a PM to see if he can expedite for me. I'll let you know. Shane.

It just seems to me that if they worked properly, Hella would have a full line of headlights and aux. lights with LED power. They have one or two really god lights and they are stupid expensive. This would also go to the point that very few manufacturers have LED headlights, again if it was this easy, things should have changed. I'm hoping they work and work really well, I'd like to put a set in my headlights and fog lights, but right now I am scepticle so hopefully since you were brave you might be able to prove me wrong.

It's a great idea, but I think it still takes a lot of light fixture (lens/reflector) design to work. Again, I hope I am proven wrong because it would be a great change.

I understand the Skepticism, however, the off road community has been using LED lights for a while and KC has a full solution that has done quite well, it has always been the price point that scared me. I will send them back if they do not work, as I used a credit card, so I can reverse the charges if necessary.

I will be sure to let everyone know what I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Lights were shipped out yesterday and should be here on Thursday. I will let you know how they work out as soon as I get them! The guys is talking about another group by if there is enough interest, so I will be sure to let you know if they are worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

They are here, and installed. Simple installation, just remove the old bulb, install the new one, hook it up to the vehicle wiring, and your done. They work like a champ. Well, let me rephrase that. In the day light, all functions work. The DRL work, the headlights work, and the high beams work. I have some pictures of the old light compared to the LED. Much better light color, but I will wait until tonight to put up whether or not I think they are viable alternatives once I see them in action in the dark..

Good news though that initially, the do function where others have not. Shane.

• 1 month later...

The LED Headlights I put in work amazingly well. Good Pattern (Havent been flashed once), and are more than bright enough. High beams dont really work (they flash and add a little light to the upper part of the light pattern, but not enough to call them High Beams. However, I have not had to use them once, even while driving back country roads.

I do get a little interference on the radio from them, only on channel 88.1 though. It just adds a bit of static when the station is weak.

Installation was simple. just remove the factory bulbs, put in the new ones, and hook up the provided wires. Easy Peasy :)

Edited by Shane Duus
  • 2 weeks later...

This may sound trite, but I have had difficulty removing the wiring harness from the Headlight. The instructions in the owners manual aren't clear. The bulb assembly comes out easily enough, and the retainer tab slips off without any issues, but that's where the trouble starts. Try as I may, I cannot seem to get the wiring harness to slip out of the bulb assembly, and I am concerned that applying too much force might damage something. Has anyone had any direct experience, and can give me some guidance?

Try the turn signal connector, that's another one that is very difficult to remove. So don't feel bad, I noticed the same issue with their choice of connector, they really hold tight! I managed to get mine, but it was more perseverence than anything else.

And I was doing this with the headlight unbolted so I had good clear access to the connectors.

I suggest looking at them both and seeing which one you can actually look at to figure out the trick. Pulling the whole light assembly is not a trivial task, the side of the bumper cover needs to be removed to get the third screw.