Back up / Reverse - 921

Front turn signal / Parking - 7444

Hi/Low Beam Headlamp - H13

Licence Plate - W5W

Rear Signal / Turn - 7443

Rear Brake / Stop - 7443

Foglamps (optional OEM) - H8

I'll be purchasing new lighting all around, so I thought I'd make this for those of us who try new bulbs or types of replacements.

Some cars can have issues with LED replacements, so if you know of something that is incompatible, help us out :)

Edited by Lazerface
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back up / Reverse - 921 Front turn signal / Parking - 7444 Hi/Low Beam Headlamp - H13 Licence Plate - W5W Rear Signal / Turn - 7443 Rear Brake / Stop - 7443 Foglamps (optional OEM) - H8 I'll be

The LED Headlights I put in work amazingly well. Good Pattern (Havent been flashed once), and are more than bright enough. High beams dont really work (they flash and add a little light to the upper p

Try the turn signal connector, that's another one that is very difficult to remove. So don't feel bad, I noticed the same issue with their choice of connector, they really hold tight! I managed to get

Posted Images

I expect these cars to have a problem with the flasher if you change the turn lamps to LED. This is part of the burned out bulb warning that must be present in the USA. Best thing to do is to swap the turn relay (if these cars use one). Now since there are error codes for pretty much every lamp in the car, maybe they used a heavy duty flasher or control it with the computer and you won't have problems. If you try LED and it doesn't result in a fast flash, then I'll probably change all of mine too.

For the break lights, you might look for replacements that offer a flashing brake. My brother put one on his motorcycle and it looks great. What it does is flash real fast two or three times, then comes on full. Very hard to miss and the extra brightness certainly helps too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I tried some LED Fog Lamp bulbs (H8)

ic51_2.jpg

Dont bother buying these, as the 'shaft' is too large of diameter. These have a 20mm diameter shaft, and the slot for our bulbs looks to be more like 15mm or so.

Hope I can save someone the headache of trial and error.

Not sure about the accuracy, but the first hit on google say H8 35 watt are 800 lumens, that's a significant difference:

http://store.candlepower.com/h8bulbs.html

I bet they will look good, but I don't think the lights will be very functional with those installed. The 35 watt is already less than ideal because it wastes a lot of light with the reflector design.

Edited by Greg_E

Did they throw an error code on the display? Looking through the owner's manual there are a few codes for things like headlight out but I can't remember if there was one for turn signal out.

I wonder if they would flash if a "special" LED compatible flasher was installed? I'm not even sure where the flasher is located to see if we can even get one. Once the weather warms up I'll have to find it.

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever stumble upon v-leds? I have them in our Dodge Journey and Camaro and the new v3 tritons are amazing. So if anyone is interested swing by them. Also Lazerface, they have a H8 Fog LEDs rated at 850LM. ;-) I see you are taking the plunge for everyone in the LED department :-P

Edited by Burgandy25

The H13 Cree LED replacements dont work. So don't bother spending money there either.

Anyone ever stumble upon v-leds? I have them in our Dodge Journey and Camaro and the new v3 tritons are amazing. So if anyone is interested swing by them. Also Lazerface, they have a H8 Fog LEDs rated at 850LM. ;-) I see you are taking the plunge for everyone in the LED department :-P

850LM might be ok, but I am going to try an HID kit in the fogs since they have a proper projector lens.

• 1 month later...