SO I am financing a 2014 chevy spark from a dealer in town. I test drove and I thought everything was good so we financed it. Turns out I know crap about cars because my sister kept saying how it sounded very loud for a car this size. So we went and checked and found out the air filter was modded in a way that it was in front of my left front tire. Needless to say I am very upset that they never told me it was modified that way, mainly because if I hit a puddle water is gonna flood my engine by being sucked up the filter.. and I am afraid the car won't last the whole time i'm financing. They said if I want it undone that I will have to buy the standard part and they will charge me a fee to replace it. SO I am afraid this is a bad modification for the car and was wondering if anyone had a mod like that and if eventually there will be a downside? I already had it come loose at the filter and was rattling, the mechanic at the dealership was able to reach up and yank it right off, so I am also worried it might come off when I am driving and cause a wreck...

On 3/31/2018 at 2:40 PM, South87 said:

Yeah I figured, im new to the whole thing and tried to get people to go with me but everyone was busy, should have known something was up when they knocked 1200 off the price of the car..

With $1200 to play with, just bite the bullet, and have a good independent shop bring the car up to original configuration. Best luck with your Spark!

• 2 months later...

I believe I have done the mod that you are talking about. I think they call it a resonator delete. I didn't notice too much of a change and nothing negative from my perspective. However, my engine is pretty quiet and the only thing loud on my car is road noise. 2014 chevy spark.  If it bothers you, I'd consider an aftermarket intake for around $200 to $250. You could probably install yourself. Otherwise, that pipe going down to the wheel well is what hooks up to the resonator. To go back to stock you could buy a resonator and hook it back up to the air intake with the tube coming out of the airbox. If I still had my resonator I'd send it your way but I trashed it after :/

$36.00 part 

https://www.genuinegmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-lower-resonator-96910371?origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgMnYBRDRARIsANC2dfmYREwFd6b_uq5DbP-35qJponQVW-YaADvR6i-hi5K7K-tJsxo9lUkaArMGEALw_wcB 

Edited by LittleBlue!