I thought i would put this up so that someone else could benefit. I have a 2013 Spark LS. My check engine light came on about 2 years ago for the two codes tagged, p0449 and p0455. Took it to the dealership to have it diagnosed. But for $500+, I thought I would take their diagnostic and repair it myself. Auto zone had the $30 solenoid in stock. However, after two hours under the car and many more spent trying to research how to replace it i gave up. I am considering to use my car as a trade in and could benefit from fixing it now. I am happy to say i was able to replace it this time around and will hopefully detail some advice for anyone else in a similar situation. First, the codes mentioned might simply appear from not having your gas cap on/tight, it may also be caused from it being defective. This didn't relate to my problem, but its worth listing because it is the best place to start. If you have similarly reached the conclusion that the solenoid mounted in the vapor canister is bad you can replace it. The vapor canister stores your evaporated gas to be directed to the engine. When mine failed I believe it must have been stuck open and consequently the check engine light remained off the entire summer. However, with cooler weather and little evaporation the light returned. So... this canister is mounted with a "V" shaped bracket to the side of the gas tank and everything that you could need is made to be nearly inaccessible. What i found is that the gas tank has to be dropped a little. Using a 13 mil or 1/2 inch socket and extensions you can loosen the gas tank straps so that the vapor canister be pushed up and free from the slot. Everything from that point is fairly straight forward. Hope this helps

Edited by kriskringle
spelling