New Spark LT NYC

Hello everyone. Yesterday while in the NYC snow storm, i stopped at a dealer to see what this Chevy spark looks like and got a brand new 2017 spark LT. 10 miles on her. got an amazing deal. paid 12k with taxes and plates. It was so good i didn't even bother trading in my Fiat. lol.  

Edited by Splash Spark
On 3/22/2018 at 2:06 PM, Splash Spark said:

Hello everyone. Yesterday while in the NYC snow storm, i stopped at a dealer to see what this Chevy spark looks like and got a brand new 2017 spark LT. 10 miles on her. got an amazing deal. It was so good i didn't even bother trading in my Fiat. lol.  

Spark is a nice car in the city, where parking is usually scarce. I can parallel park in spaces no one else was able to and left the space open for me :lol:

And my Spark LS is same color as yours, and I can spot it in a big parking lot from miles away haha very unique color!

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 1 month later...

I did my 1st 1000 miles.  Time to mod. I purchased some oz racing ultralaggera for 250. Ugly orange. 15x7 et37TSHxgV0.jpg

Started stripping them with aircraft paint stripper. That did not work. Too many layers. These wheels were powdercoated white, then someone painted them black then orange. This is as far as i got. cfEKly4.jpg

Had to take them to the professionals.  In the mean time i wanted to see what the color i wanted looked like so i painted one spark tire. Also was testing tire size for the new wheels. So here is 195/55/15 winter tires in metalic grey.  kcXUNDK.jpg

gKmDCnC.jpg

b4747TT.jpg

Also tried with no gold. yxx8uXI.jpg

what you guys think of the color?

Edited by Splash Spark

My gf has the exact same color. Her car is the reason I got one. I myself am impressed by the car except it gets bad acceleration with the ac on which is to be expected. I got silver though I wish I got the gray. I myself thought about new wheels from tire rack.com. Those rims are nice. Would you put 195 55 15 on them or stay stock? I wanna see what they look like on the car. U gonna put them on?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i put the rims and tried a couple of tires.

I put 205 55 15 and they rubbed. This looked the best. 

Went down to 205 50 15 and they rubbed. This looked good. 

The rim offset is too high. 

Went to 195 50 15 and they were too small And looked ugly.  Too much stretch. 

I have a yaris so decided to try yaris tires on it. 

Went to 195 60 15. I like it. A bit of stretch not much.  No rubbing but car is higher  a plus for me since we have plenty of pot wholes to go over  MZbKFjd.jpg

quyCPy9.jpg

c2e93FM.jpg

7WYC5Yi.jpg

Thats my testing for theese rims. Wife didnt like the poking out.  at the end of the day i sold them to a coworker for his yaris hatch for $450. 

I like the way they fill out the wheel wells. They are a little wide but some factory splash guards or ground effects would have helped with the looks and to prevent stone chips and road slop.

Did you take it for a test drive before taking them off? Was wondering if it was quieter and smoother riding with those fat tires? One of the few gripes with my Spark is the deafening tire noise and jarring ride on certain roads but then I remind myself it is after all an economy car and not a Benz. ;)

i drove it for 400 miles or so. the tires are quieter than the stock ones. car feels smoother and it seems it was cuz the tires are so much taller, you get more cushion. after i took them off, i put 205 50 15 ventus v2 concept 2 on the stock rims to see how they ride. less noise than the stock. about as much as the  cheap west lake 195 60 15. the tires seem a little heavier than the 195s. car sometimes gets into the road groves and i see myself correcting it more often than on the 195s. i do the same 400 miles every week so same roads and condition. 

I also tried blizzak 195 55 15 all around but those tires are louder than the stock.  i got some rims from the bonnies in NJ. after i clean them up ill try them out with some 195 55 15 Michelin tires(if i can find them) i also have contiprocontacts. maybe a premium tire makes lot less noise? 

• 4 weeks later...