dealer installed heated seat burned a hole on my jacket and the seat

Last Friday March 16, after driving abut 20 min, I noticed my back is so hot and I lowered the heat seat temperature.

The next day when I was gonna put on my jacket I saw there was burnt hole on the backside of my jacket and immediately checked my car seat. (no one smoking) and there was the jacket material and feather melted and stuck on the seat. 

So today, I went to the dealership to check this up and file a complaint, because that's where the heated seat was installed when it was purchased. (got them done there when purchasing) and they said it is not their fault as it is not a factory installed heated seat! 

I don't understand as it is installed by the dealer anyway..

My question is, if the heated seat was installed by the dealer, what parts do they use? isn't it anyway GM or Chevy's parts? 

and I found many cases happened before about the overheating heated seat and the car makers mostly replaced the seats and covered their jacket, are those all about factory installed heated seat?

it is so frustrating when they say it is not their fault, and super scary cuz I am on highway everyday and it could have been my skin, could have been when I am on the highway where I cannot pull over the car, which can cause an actual accident.

Please help me with some wisdom!! I still need to talk to the service manager tomorrow.. 

the service manager was off when I was there today and they said it is not their fault so I should call GM customer service center.

This could be a perfect answer to GM/other car dealer who says any modifications outside will void warranty. (This is specially for India, my chevy service advisor marked LED bulb I fitted in parking lamp. Another one, when I went to buy VW Polo, they said aftermarket remote lock in base variant will void warranty).