Hi there. I just purchased a 2018 spark ls in nightfall grey.

It has the 4 speakers; 2 tweeters and 2 mids in the front doors. I am looking for advice on installing a woofer and amp. I was originally thinking about putting it in the spare tire hole, but I'm not sure if its going to be possible to get a component cable ran out of the head unit. According to dealer, the infotainment unit doesn't support additional wiring.

Hope to hear some insight.    Thanks.

B.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:14 AM, ChevyBeat said:

Only option, I can see, is to tap the speaker wire and connect to the sub. If you want to retain OEM head unit. 

I did this with a bazooka i ordered on ebay. Taps to speaker wire and radio power.  Car is small so a small sub works great

Edited by Splash Spark
  • 9 months later...

luckily, even while cars have improved a long way over the decades, adding and amp and sub to a factory radio has not changed one single bit (other than there being more choices for parts to use) in the last 30 years...

step one: run a power wire from the battery.

Step two: run a ground wire to the body.

Step three: depending on your amp's inputs, either install a LOC (Line Output Converter) behind the radio or just run speaker wires tapped into the rear speaker's feed to the amps high level inputs.

Step four: run speaker wire from the amp to the sub/box

Step five, either turn on signal sense or run a turn on wire to a wire in the car that turns on with the key.

OR

step one: take the car somewhere and pay somebody to do the work for you.

this has been done many many times and there are more than a few threads on here showing exactly how to do it and what is possible.

just one example:

• 2 years later...