First problem with my 2017 Spark

My 2017 Spark LS, purchased new, is now almost 1 year old. So far it runs like a well oiled clock. No serious problem except a slightly squeaky RF door. But finally another problem has showed up, I think. Previously when I turned the key on driver's side door, I used to hear a distinct sound of a relay operation. Now that sound is not being heard. That tells me I can no longer unlock driver's side door with remote operation using Onstar. This will need a visit to the dealer? But the trunk still has that relay sound.

Bobby, as RoG mentioned if its just sound, it can be ignored as far as it functions properly.

If you are not able to unlock door by key, I can say that the liknage between lock and latch is disengaged. I have faced same in my car. I was getting a tinkering sound from door, when going through bump due to free linkage.

If that's the case, door panel need to be removed and the linkage must be set at it place. It have a plastic lock sort of thing to keep it in place.

Check the below pic for plastic lock (blue arrow). Its not of spark but look like same.

Linkage need to push in center hole and then plastic lock need to be rotated for making lock. (Green arrow for process).

PicsArt_02-14-03.38.15.jpg

On 2/13/2018 at 9:32 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Bobby...Don't go by sound..go by function..try it and see if it still works as expected.

RoG...why i didn't think of that? Just used My Chevrolet App on my phone to unlock the car. I will walk down to the parking lot in 1/2 hour (I live on 3rd floor!!) and check it out. Thanks for the tip. 

Edited by Bobby MSME
17 hours ago, ChevyBeat said:

Bobby, as RoG mentioned if its just sound, it can be ignored as far as it functions properly.

If you are not able to unlock door by key, I can say that the liknage between lock and latch is disengaged. I have faced same in my car. I was getting a tinkering sound from door, when going through bump due to free linkage.

If that's the case, door panel need to be removed and the linkage must be set at it place. It have a plastic lock sort of thing to keep it in place.

Check the below pic for plastic lock (blue arrow). Its not of spark but look like same.

Linkage need to push in center hole and then plastic lock need to be rotated for making lock. (Green arrow for process).

PicsArt_02-14-03.38.15.jpg

Hey ChevyBeat, great diagram! My car is still on bumper to bumper warranty so if there is a problem, I will just drop off the car off at the dealer and walk across the street for lunch buffet at the Indian Restaurant :yahoo:

and...yes the key still opens the driver's side door!

Edited by Bobby MSME

Excellent!..Always try before you buy. I recently had a problem with my Cable TV and internet at the same time. I have two different providers for each service..no tv and no internet. It was decided to call my internet provider as both use the common TV cable with a splitter. I was on hold so hung up and tried to see if I could resolve it. I took the splitter out of the equation and hooked the tv and internet modem direct to main cable from wall. Each worked fine without the splitter. Found a spare splitter in toolbox, installed and now they both work with correct speed and all channels. So sometimes it is better to use knowledge and common sense based on elimination before calling for service or replacing a car part...OK...'Nuff said on that...