Boiling / Gurgling noise when i brake

notice it about 2 weeks ago. Driving 15 miles on the highway and running errands i was in a parking lot going about 5mph when i hit the brake it sounded like something was boiling.

i did it a few more times ran it 5mph and same noise. looked it up and it may be air leaking in a hose ?

took it to the dealer and explained the situation. they called back and told me they couldn't replicate the issue.

any ideas ?

Was it a hot day?  A/C running? Heat on?  Maybe coolant?  That's the only thing that pops into my head when I think of "boiling".  Maybe your coolant tank is leaking?

Maybe it was another kind of noise?  Brake pads?  Weird thing is why would it only do it when you're braking.  The brake fluid isn't getting that hot.

Edited by b00duh
  • 3 months later...

Listen to Retired Gearhead, he is usually right on. If car is still under warranty, there is less to worry about. Ignore the noise so long as car is safely operable. When it becomes inoperable, the dealer can't say they can't replicate the problem!!

If the car is past warranty, If it was my car, I would take it to a reputable brake shop, if the problem becomes ubiquitous and hard to ignore.

Edited by Bobby MSME
na
  • 2 weeks later...

ACCIDENTLY REPOSTED lol here is more info sorry guys

when i first ran into the issue i drove from Van Nuys to Valencia which is roughly 25 miles.

it was a cold night (not sure if that makes a difference) but when i was driving around the parking lot making my way out of the shopping center i noticed a weird noise. At first i thought something was stuck on the wheel, axle, or brakes but sound nothing. Opened the hood also nothing. then i realized it was a Gurgling sound but it only happens when i hit the brakes as if air is leaking into one of the hoses not really sure as this issue has never happen.

it seems to happen when the car has been driven for awhile maybe 15 miles or so.

took it to my local chevy dealer and they couldn't recreate the problem after multiple attempts. so they gave the car back.

i have about 1000 miles left on my extended warranty so im hoping to take it in soon .

thanks for the suggestions car is working as good as it ever has