Airbag recall, who's done it?

I just received a call from my local dealer telling me to bring my car in ASAP for the repair.  To tell you the truth, I don't want to bring my car in. First, what kind of idiot lets their child ride in the front seat without a seat belt? Second, I have seen pics how much of the dash they have to remove to get to the air bag module. I can only imagine how many squeaks and rattles my car will have after this recall. I only paid $9,300 for my Spark and it's been more solid sounding then cars I have own that were 3X as much.

BbOiOloYUIYKKLEAuJ5MXilNVStgeQQrteVeVApnPWk.jpg

I got the notice also. No kiddies here so no worries. If I ever decide to sell it I will get the airbag fixed for the next owner and they can deal with any electrical gremlins and squeaks and rattles that follow the invasive surgery. I agree with the quality feel of this car's interior compared to other economy cars. I don't want the dash torn up and put back together haphazardly.

well if they screw it up then they have to fix it. Don't you have to get the recalls done? for insurance? I called before i seen this thread, they don't have the parts, and they said that they would call me when they got them in. At least i get a loner car for the day.

I had the same concerns about them ripping the dash apart, so I called my insurance agent to find out details.  The neck force on the recall is for anyone under 5'4", unbelted or child.  At least here in Massachusetts if I were to have not gotten the airbag recall done and gotten into an accident with my fiancé in the passenger seat and it did cause harm since she is only 5'2", insurance would not be obligated to pay in any way, even if I were not at fault, since it's failure to comply (insert a ton of legalese here).

On 11/16/2017 at 11:47 AM, finklejag said:

Second, I have seen pics how much of the dash they have to remove to get to the air bag module. I can only imagine how many squeaks and rattles my car will have after this recall.

BbOiOloYUIYKKLEAuJ5MXilNVStgeQQrteVeVApnPWk.jpg

I had a Chevy Malibu that had way more than that ripped out to find a water leak... after it was put back together it didn't rattle not squeak.

Just don't rush them, drop it off get your rental and let them call you back when they are done. 

Mine took a day to finish and the upper part of the dash was replaced.  I know because my plastic had a deep scratch and when I got it back it was gone.  No rattles at all since getting it back.  But it was a whole day affair to replace and took a while to get an appointment because the parts were not available.  Apparently they used the first parts received to repair the issue with the cars still in stock.  The best part is my dash is now new.

The lady from my local dealer was just calling people one by one down a list. They said they have the parts in stock and can make the appointment a day out. I know I will have to get this recall done so I will wait a few weeks and let the Techs get some under their belt before mine.

2 hours ago, finklejag said:

The lady from my local dealer was just calling people one by one down a list. They said they have the parts in stock and can make the appointment a day out. I know I will have to get this recall done so I will wait a few weeks and let the Techs get some under their belt before mine.

That is a very smart decision. Let them mess up someone else's car first.