• 3 weeks later...

I just used a basic rca converter box like the one below, I have the 2017 lt with rear door speakers , just wired it right into left rear speaker .

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-two-channel-line-output-converter/1265702.p?skuId=1265702&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=8b620525-2cfe-430a-959e-eb6c40a2bf20&ksprof_id=18&ksaffcode=pg196730&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

converter box.jpg

On 10/6/2017 at 2:49 PM, Kenny said:

im trying to find a wiring kit to hook up a amp and subs to my factory head unit. i know they make adaptors for that purpose but im having trouble finding one for my spark

This will work with 13-15 sparks, if newer just run line out converters from the rear speakers (if available)or chop up the harness.

PAC AA-GM44 Amplifier Integration Interface for Select 2010 and Up GM Vehicles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M4WHHE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_wTN8zbPHDWAG2

20 hours ago, tfraser3 said:

Reading would help you MR tozzi ( sound Familiar ?)  His profile says he has a 2017. just sayn

Can't see profiles without actually clicking on the name, I use my phone 99% of the time, the little profile summary under the screen name only shows on the desktop version of the site. Since it is not posted on a specific generation forum it could be any year. Plus if you read my post it says "if newer just run line out converters or chop the harness" 

Kenny this should help you finding the wires thanks to David_Joeseph on another subwoofer thread.

"Remove the glovebox and the wires are yellow and yellow with black stripe on passenger side. Same thing on other side just harder to get to. Blue and blue with brown for driver side."

• 1 month later...

Hello, joined looking for some help on this topic. Bought the kicker hideaway that was recommended for previous models because I wanted a simple install that saved cargo space. 

Have you added the sub toy our 2016 yet? I was wondering where you routed your wiring to the back.

The kicker takes high level inputs, so can I just splice into the rear door speakers? And if so, do I have to take wires to both rear doors and splice into both speakers?

Last question for now is are the speakers in the back 6.5 or 6x9, I've seen them listed as both.

Thanks for any help, used to do a lot of car audio, but it's been over 10 years now and I'm a bit stumped.

21 hours ago, PuhFifer said:

Hello, joined looking for some help on this topic. Bought the kicker hideaway that was recommended for previous models because I wanted a simple install that saved cargo space. 

Have you added the sub toy our 2016 yet? I was wondering where you routed your wiring to the back.

The kicker takes high level inputs, so can I just splice into the rear door speakers? And if so, do I have to take wires to both rear doors and splice into both speakers?

Last question for now is are the speakers in the back 6.5 or 6x9, I've seen them listed as both.

Thanks for any help, used to do a lot of car audio, but it's been over 10 years now and I'm a bit stumped.

You can splice into the wires for the door speakers, dont need to take the wire in to the speakers. The wires run under the lower plastic trim, Just splice by the b pillar under the trim. Or you could splice behind the radio. And run all of it to the back.

Door speakers are 6 1/2 inches.

1 hour ago, PuhFifer said:

Got all of the wiring done, but the unit isn't getting power. Checked all the switches a bunch of times, so they should be correct. Not sure if I messed up the power/ground or if I have a bad unit, need to wait until I can grab a multimeter to test.

Should not be that bad. 8 guage from battery to amp and 8 guage from amp to ground near amp. Then a 16 guage from rem to a ignition switched power source like the 12v outlets or to a switch if you dont want the amp on at all times. 

If you are using speaker level inputs most amps don't need a remote wire.

Yea, didn't bother with the remote wire because I was using the speaker level. I'm guessing it's one of 3 things:

1. Didn't connect to the right spot on the battery (Seems unlikely, but there were a lot of accessories/bolts on the positive terminal

2. Didn't scrape enough paint around the ground

3. Bad unit

Hopefully borrow a multimeter soon and see if juice is making it to the back