Front grill removal 2017 spark (HELP!)

I just purchased black bow tie emblems for the front and rear of my 2017 Spark. Front emblem replacement requires removal of the upper grill. Has anyone done this? 

I looked at the factory diagram and it shows the small upper grill being held in by 1 bolt. Where is that bolt located and how do I access it? After the bolt is removed I'm assuming there's clips built into the grill assembly that have to be popped (as seen in diagram). Do I have to disassemble anything else to gain access to that 1 bolt?

Any help would be appreciated!

Tom

spark grill.png

spark emblem.jpg

I haven't removed the upper grille, but I have removed the lower grille. From what I remember, the front fascia needs to be removed to pop out the clips on the grille sections before the grille can be removed. then the emblem can be removed. The service manual states that both front wheels, wheel well linings, underbody covering, and headlights be removed before the fascia can be removed.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally had time to figure it out. No grill removal required. Lift the hood and remove the plastic trim panel above the grill (2 bolts and 2 plastic plugs) and that will give you access to the grill. Pop the plastic tabs the entire way across the top of the grill and that gives you access to the emblem. See finished pic below. 

IMO the black emblem looks a lot better than the gold. At least on the base model Spark in white, the gold emblem looked garish. The black one looks more "finished" and integrated...more purposeful. 

Spark_Emblem.png