Stupid Question but how do I turn my radio off

Hi,

I just picked up a 2017 Spark LS a few weeks ago and have been having trouble trying to figure out the Infotainment system.  This is the 1st car that I have owned where I can link a smart phone too, but I cannot figure out how to keep the infotainment system up (to use Google Maps and for phone calling) while turning the radio completely off.

If I hold the power button down briefly it will mute the radio station, but if I make a phone call, once I hang up the radio comes back on (typically at a volume higher than the phone or Google Maps voice directions).

If I hold the power button down longer, the entire infotainment screen appears to shut off completely.

What I would like to do, for now though, is just have the radio completely off, so that I don't have to worry about the radio blaring when I hang up the phone.  As such, I am wondering if I am just missing something simple somewhere, that will allow me to do that.

Thanks

Sorry for the dumb question

Pat

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  A friend suggested that I try resetting the default audio source to my phone instead of the radio, and then maybe just queuing up something not too load or obtrusive (or maybe even just some faint background noise) as my 1st audio on the phone.  I'll see if that works.

Thanks again.

Pat :)

3 hours ago, Bobby MSME said:

No question is dumb, but answers to questions can be dumb! :lol:

And yes I drive a 2017 Spark LS, and I know of no way to turn radio off

without killing Infotainment system. This answer falls in the dumb category!

Oh for gods sake Bobby. Just push the silent button on tour steering wheel buttons..lower left on my 2013.

>>PFJN>>Hooking a phone is simple..do it once and it remembers..manual has all the info..I do not use a smart phone..but have a mil sat phone that will give me wifi anywhere thru LTE and I am no techie and was super easy to set up..

11 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

Really? The 2017 has non of those useful function buttons? That's a definate down-grade from previous years. Here is a pix of the 2013 dash & buttons...I find them very useful...

2013-Dash.jpg

Hey old Gearhead, I never missed those buttons because I never knew they existed in previous years in such an inexpensive car as Spark:lol:.. Besides, when I am driving the Spark, my wife controls the radio, so those buttons would not be of much use to me. I just focus on safe driving :shift: .. and ignore the radio.

16 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

Really? The 2017 has non of those useful function buttons? That's a definate down-grade from previous years. Here is a pix of the 2013 dash & buttons...I find them very useful...

2013-Dash.jpg

Hi, 

I think it's just the LS model that doesn't have the steering wheel buttons. If I am understanding correctly the LT and 2LT both do have them.

Pat