So currently I have a 2008 Pontiac g5. It's been very reliable haven't had many issues..just normal stuff. Well long story short I'm moving to Maine soon and was thinking about getting a newer car and was interested in a 2013 spark. It has 72k miles on it and was wondering what everyone's opinion would be? It's a manual so I'm guessing it should be better than the CVT I've seen a lot of negative. My Pontiac has been reliable as hell, 163k miles, bought it at 150k (I'm a Pontiac fan the high miles didn't scare me) but I know colder climate can be a little more harsh so im torn between keeping it or upgrading a bit. Opinions?

Edited by Lindseymbh
Mess up

Well a 2013 automatic would have a 4 speed auto not a cvt. 2014 and up gets the cvt. If your g5 is running good I would keep it until you can get a better car than a spark, as in with more creature comforts and a little more power. Maybe a cruze, or a trax. 

3 hours ago, Lindseymbh said:

So currently I have a 2008 Pontiac g5. It's been very reliable haven't had many issues..just normal stuff. Well long story short I'm moving to Maine soon and was thinking about getting a newer car and was interested in a 2013 spark. It has 72k miles on it and was wondering what everyone's opinion would be? It's a manual so I'm guessing it should be better than the CVT I've seen a lot of negative. My Pontiac has been reliable as hell, 163k miles, bought it at 150k (I'm a Pontiac fan the high miles didn't scare me) but I know colder climate can be a little more harsh so im torn between keeping it or upgrading a bit. Opinions?

Keep the G5 as long as it is running good. I owned this 2007 G5 for 9 years and did not have a single issue with it, although since I am retired, I do not put lots of miles on the cars. My G5 could almost spin the wheels, had much more acceleration than my 2017 Spark LS, was much heavier and stable at very high speeds, and not bothered by cross winds. Spark is light and tall, so does get more affected by cross winds.

r9h7qh.jpg