Just bought 2017 Spark LT with CVT

Hi.  Just bought a new 2017 Spark LT with CVT in Silver Ice.  Pretty pleased so far.  Build quality seems good, and the car feels bigger than it is. 

I'm used to driving a stick (my boyfriend can't), so had to go with the CVT.  Not sure how I feel about the CVT so far -- seems to lag a bit.  But it'll be nice to have in stop-and-go traffic.

(I like Silver Ice, but I really wanted Splash.  My significant other didn't.  Some of the other colors (e.g., Toasted Marshmallow) just didn't work for me.

I couldn't find much reliability data on the Spark, but given that it's built by GM Korea, I'm hoping it'll hold up.  Fingers crossed. 

There are posters right here on this forum who have been driving their Sparks for over 100k miles without any major issues. But from what I read, those folks take good care of their cars (maintenance, recalls etc) and know a lot about cars. OldGearHead is one of them. I bought my 2017 Spark LS 5-6 months ago, and it is running like a clock, only issue I had was a creaky passenger side front door when opened. The dealer lubricated the hinges but it is still creaking a bit. I can live with it until next time when oil change will be due. And mine is metallic Splash color, and it is a very nice color.

kedmch.jpg

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 2 weeks later...