Chronic Front Strut Issues

Just frustrated and wondering if anyone is in the same boat -

In mid-2016 I noticed a squeaking emanating from the front of my 2017 Chevy Spark (5k miles on the ODO) when traveling at low speed over speed humps. Within a week it become commonplace when traveling over speed bumps, the gutter into my driveway or even traveling down uneven pavement.  Took the car in, drove the service guy around to hear the noise in the dealership parking lot (took all of 2 minutes to make it clear I wasn't hearing things).  Turned out to be an issue with one of the struts, and it was replaced under warranty.  At the time I was concerned, that although I'm not anywhere near fluent in automobiles, it didn't seem to matter if I approached a change in pavement from the right or left, the same noise would result - how could the issue have been only 1 of 2 struts?  Anyways, I deferred to their expertise.

In early 2017 (11k on the ODO), the noise began again.  This time, I tried another dealership closer to home (having gone to the dealer I bought the car from an hour away the first time).  The service tech declined to ride with me in the vehicle, but said they would update me on what they found ASAP.  After a tech drove my vehicle half an hour later, I was told that they couldn't replicate the noise, but that they would get it on a lift and check anyway.  Reporting back shortly thereafter, I was told that the issue was a broken strut mount and the vehicle was unsafe to drive.  Again, covered under warranty, and given a rental for 2 weeks as I had to wait for the part.

Now I'm sitting at 16k on the ODO and the noise has started again today.  While I think I will receive good service when I go to my next service appointment, it's very frustrating that this is a recurring issue.  So I'm curious - has anyone else dealt with this issue on their newest-gen Spark?  Did I get a lemon?  Is it my driving situation?  I rarely ever have a 2nd person in the car, I'm not hauling cement around town - the Spark is my daily commuter, that's it.  

I really don't want to have to consider ridding myself of my Spark before the warranty expires - I do love the car otherwise.

• 3 months later...

Located in Chicago IL, I own a 2016 Chevy Spark 1LT with approx 28k on the odometer. I too just got some warranty work done on the front passenger strut. The dealer replaced it under warranty and stated it was "loose". Wondering if this will become a similar chronic issue as you have encountered, which I hope will not. I too do not carry any passengers or lug around anything heavy in the car. Its used as a commuter vehicle to and from work. Approx 20 miles combined.

• 3 years later...

Late to the party, but relevant.  Bought my daughter a new Spark in 2016.  A few years ago, weird noise from the front.  Dealer said it was some sort of stabilizer link or something an replaced just before our warranty expired.   This was at about 15K miles.  Now at 20K  the noise is back and worse.  2 different shops diagnosed bad front struts.  They both were surprised due to the low miles.  We are looking at a $800-900 repair.  Too boot.....the struts are out of stock everywhere according to both shops!  Sound like Chevy knows there is an issue.  Do you think contacting them will get us anywhere?