2014 Chevy spark overflow tank issues

My reservoir tank was replaced three times once from Chevy twice from me. The small top hose would come off because the part of the tank it was connected to would melt and break off. This last time I caught it to late my car overheated now its parked with blown heads. Has anyone had any issues like this or is it just my bad luck?

I'm having the same issue with coolant reservoir leaking out of the same spot. I used JB weld plastic bonder and it worked for a few days then it started to leak out. I'm gonna try the JB water weld on top of the plastic bonder. How is your warranty? My deductible is $100 for any work.

Has any one with 2016 & 2017 Sparks experienced the coolant overflow tank issues? Has the design been changed after all the same problem with so many older models? It is an obvious design flaw and GM needs to issue a recall. What are all the class action suit lawyers doing? 

4 hours ago, sparkfanatic said:

I don't know about the 16/17 models but the replacement I bought from GM iwas different than the original .

That is good to know, that at least GM knew there was a design flaw and changed the design. Thanks a lot for posting.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...