So last night I was driving and the AC was working perfect and then I floored it (accelerated fast) for about 5 Seconds and the AC immediately stopped throwing cold air.

It turns on and it blows air but the air is hot. I checked to see if the heater works and it does it blows even hotter.

I mess with all the dials and settings and still nothing but very warm air.

It's unbearably hot and humid here in Miami Florida.

I don't know what it could be I'm hoping it's just a fuse or something because the car is at 40000 miles and I believe it is not under warranty anymore.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be or if Chevy may possibly fix this under one of their recalls ?

Or am I protected by the Lemon Law and what are the chances I get to return it ?.

I just bought a used Chevy Spark 2014 less than a week ago from a private seller we're still waiting on the lean that they satisfied to clear

So I haven't transfered the title or registration.

Now the engine light came on so I took it to AutoZone to get a free diagnosis and the code PO128 came on saying something about coolant temperature running colder than normal levels.

I did look in the coolant reservoir tank and it was about 2 inches below the minimum amount and it was really sludgy/gunky and a little dark or dirty with what appears to be little balls/solidified coolant floating.

I added some coolant and smell the engine after a 30 minute drive and no odors or signs of overheating at all. Even the radiator fan shuts off after I shut off the vehicle. I will now google the code for further research.

But car was perfect and then AC stops working and 24 hours later the engine light came on. What's next.

I know if our 2014 chevy spark overflow tank boils over and losses enough coolant.  It will give off a check engine light and AC won't blow cold air.  Is your overflow tank in good order... No leaks, cracks, etc?.  

I think you're 100% right MTF1980.

Today the a/c miraculously came back to life.

It was raining a bit so I decided to turn it on and what do you know. It was blowing nice and cold.

Lets hope it stays that way.

I did flush out the overflow coolant tank because it seemed that the original owner accidentally mixed green with orange coolant and it created a gunky/sludgy dirty looking coolant.

A few days after doing the flush the check engine light turned off/disappeared on its own.

Let's hope this is the end of it.

Me being upset I had already even put an ad up for $5500

• 4 months later...

Hi

I recently bought a 2014 Spark and I am having this AC issue.  I private messaged the Chevy acct with no response yet.  I brought it to the dealer and they didnt want to look at it without charging.  Finally they have agreed to look at it for free, but I want to avoid getting charged for the fix.  A friend hooked it up to a diagnostic tool and thought the car was shutting the ac down because it was mistaken as to the engine thermostat temp.

Any advice on how I should handle this?

Thanks