AC immediately stopped working

So last night I was driving and the AC was working perfect and then I floored it (accelerated fast) for about 5 Seconds and the AC immediately stopped throwing cold air.

It turns on and it blows air but the air is hot. I checked to see if the heater works and it does it blows even hotter.

I mess with all the dials and settings and still nothing but very warm air.

It's unbearably hot and humid here in Miami Florida.

I don't know what it could be I'm hoping it's just a fuse or something because the car is at 40000 miles and I believe it is not under warranty anymore.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be or if Chevy may possibly fix this under one of their recalls ?

So tomorrow Tuesday June 6th would make a week since I've purchased the car from a private seller (original 1st owner)

We met at a bank and she completely paid off the car with the money I gave her to fulfill the lean but they still have not removed the electronic lien from the title so therefore I still have not transferred the title under my name.

The bank released the lein but the state/dmv/title said it takes about a week for it to be removed from the database.

Now the engine light came on so I took it to AutoZone to get a free diagnosis and the code PO128 came on saying something about coolant temperature running colder than normal levels.

I did look in the coolant reservoir tank and it was about 2 inches below the minimum amount and it was really sludgy/gunky and a little dark or dirty with what appears to be little balls/solidified coolant floating.

I added some coolant and smell the engine after a 30 minute drive and no odors or signs of overheating at all. Even the radiator fan shuts off after I shut off the vehicle. I will now google the code for further research.

But car was perfect and then AC stops working and 24 hours later the engine light came on. What's next.

Disconnect the battery for a good 15min.

Get a obd2 scanner, they are dirt cheap on amazon or ebay. Or go to a car parts store and ask them to clear it for you.

Some codes will turn the cel off after a certain number of ignition cycles without the issue.

Edited by Mr.tozzi
On 6/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, LeoMighty7580 said:

I did look in the coolant reservoir tank and it was about 2 inches below the minimum amount and it was really sludgy/gunky and a little dark or dirty with what appears to be little balls/solidified coolant floating.

Those floating little balls are most likely oil so I suspect head gasket or some oil getting into coolant..check oil level.