My official introduction to Spark world! 2016 LS manual

Hello everyone, nice to finally introduce myself and post my spark.  I bought my little guy as a replacement to my Honda Fit which had been repossessed (long story short I lost my job).  After finally getting on my feet I didn't know if I should get the new and improved Honda Fit or try out the Cheaper Chevy Spark.  I'll be honest and admit that the new Fit "fit" my aesthetic more than the Spark, but I didn't like all the recalls they were having.  In a perfect world I probably would have ended up with the Honda HRV, but I knew that I wanted to buy my car with cash this time and the HRV was out of my budget.  In the end I ended up with my 11k Spark and I've been pretty happy so far.

I don't think I'm gonna do too many mods to the car since I consider it my point A to point B rather than my dream car, but I did buy some $30 hubcaps to help update the look a bit.  Maybe I'll get crazy and plasti-dip some designs next haha.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Congrats. These cars grow on you. I bought mine as a cheap point A to B car also but have discovered it is actually quite zippy and quick handling if you're not afraid to rev it up through the gears a bit. The new Fit looks like a mini-minivan to me and the interior is noisier and more plasticky than the Spark. I do like the magic seats though, wish the Spark seats folded completely down flat like that but then again with a tiny car you have to make some sacrifices. The HRV is nicely styled but is powered by the last generation Civic engine to cut cost so power is lackluster. It is in desperate need of a larger engine or turbo to move a heavier and less aerodynamic vehicle than the Civic. 

8 hours ago, Fire Spark said:

Congrats. These cars grow on you. I bought mine as a cheap point A to B car also but have discovered it is actually quite zippy and quick handling if you're not afraid to rev it up through the gears a bit. The new Fit looks like a mini-minivan to me and the interior is noisier and more plasticky than the Spark. I do like the magic seats though, wish the Spark seats folded completely down flat like that but then again with a tiny car you have to make some sacrifices. The HRV is nicely styled but is powered by the last generation Civic engine to cut cost so power is lackluster. It is in desperate need of a larger engine or turbo to move a heavier and less aerodynamic vehicle than the Civic. 

Yeah one thing that surprised me about the Spark was how nice and well equipped it was as far as the interior was concerned.  I'm not sure if Honda has fixed this with the recent Fits, but my 2013 Fit was practically bare.  You had to pay extra just to get things like a Cargo cover (which was actually a necessity since the Fit didn't have a tinted rear window like the Spark), floor mats, and a spare tire kit.  Even the ride was better to me which is crazy since the Fit looks like a more substantial car.

The cargo cover was still extra when I looked at a 2016 fit ex . I still liked it an almost bought it but decided better to get AWD so I bought a Buick Encore instead . I like my Spark but don't know what I'll buy when it's time , either a spark , fit or sonic most likely .

• 2 months later...