It seems like the hotter it gets, the more my '15 will lag on acceleration from a standstill. It is to the point if I start accelerating from a stop I wait literally 4-5 seconds before it even starts accelerating. This can't possibly be normal. And it is definitely not safe at all. Anyone else have this issue and fix it? With my luck, taking it into the dealer it will act 100% normal for them. Its making me ready to sell the car.

Edited by Ajstolz

Ditto. I drive a '14 LT with the same experience. Some forums suggest it is the compressor or the compressor belt dragging. One topic here on these forums mentioned something about an expansion valve. With it being in the 100's lately, I don't plan on going without cold air to make my car run "normal". If you're trying to replicate the problem, blast your AC on the highest setting and give it a good amount of acceleration from a stop/rolling stop. It'll happen.

12 hours ago, robstacles said:

Ditto. I drive a '14 LT with the same experience. Some forums suggest it is the compressor or the compressor belt dragging. One topic here on these forums mentioned something about an expansion valve. With it being in the 100's lately, I don't plan on going without cold air to make my car run "normal". If you're trying to replicate the problem, blast your AC on the highest setting and give it a good amount of acceleration from a stop/rolling stop. It'll happen.

Yeah it almost touched 100 the other day, so no way I am going without AC. I'll test it with and without the AC blasting. I already run it on setting 3, so not too far off blasting as it is.

7 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

Sounds to me like a CVT issue with the CVT not dropping into first gear resulting in second gear starts..CVT's sometimes operate improperly with hot conditions or A/C on. There is a software update for those units..inquire..warranty.

There was a recall that I did a while back that dealt with software. I'll have to see if that was what it was for. It's almost due for service, so I'll probably take it in some time next week after graduation. Got finals this week to deal with then graduation on Saturday.

Blower speed has nothing to do with this. If the blower is on and you have the AC button pushed then the AC is fully working. Same with the defroster. It does cycle on and off but its not variable. The AC compressor is either on or off. If you have the fan turned down low thinking you arent taxing the system then you are just sweating for nothing. Plus this is hard on the blower motor resistor as it builds much more heat on the lower speeds.  My bet is that the AC is causing your issues. Mine does something similar. You just have to learn to deal with it. 

2 hours ago, Ray Dockrey said:

Blower speed has nothing to do with this. If the blower is on and you have the AC button pushed then the AC is fully working. Same with the defroster. It does cycle on and off but its not variable. The AC compressor is either on or off. If you have the fan turned down low thinking you arent taxing the system then you are just sweating for nothing. Plus this is hard on the blower motor resistor as it builds much more heat on the lower speeds.  My bet is that the AC is causing your issues. Mine does something similar. You just have to learn to deal with it. 

I always drive with the air on, whether its just neutral temperature on speed 1, all the way on heat, or all the way on max AC, so it is very odd that it would start doing it now. I had my car sitting in the shade today, and it did not lag as bad as before. So it seems that when the car itself is really hot it does it. If this is a normal thing I for sure am selling the car after college. The amount of lag is frankly too dangerous to drive with. My Mustang's manual transmission with synchros going out is easier to deal with than this CVT.

11 hours ago, Ajstolz said:

There was a recall that I did a while back that dealt with software. I'll have to see if that was what it was for. It's almost due for service, so I'll probably take it in some time next week after graduation. Got finals this week to deal with then graduation on Saturday.

I had that transmission reprogram done as well. I had no issue until the weather started warming up and I began running the AC.

5 hours ago, Ajstolz said:

I always drive with the air on, whether its just neutral temperature on speed 1, all the way on heat, or all the way on max AC, so it is very odd that it would start doing it now. I had my car sitting in the shade today, and it did not lag as bad as before. So it seems that when the car itself is really hot it does it. If this is a normal thing I for sure am selling the car after college. The amount of lag is frankly too dangerous to drive with. My Mustang's manual transmission with synchros going out is easier to deal with than this CVT.

I agree. This car is too dangerous, for those that are having the issues and the dealer just saying it's "normal operation".

1 hour ago, robstacles said:

I had that transmission reprogram done as well. I had no issue until the weather started warming up and I began running the AC.

I agree. This car is too dangerous, for those that are having the issues and the dealer just saying it's "normal operation".

I'll have to see how it reacts over summer. Sacramento summers are pretty hot, and the car will be sitting outside so I won't have the luxury of keeping it cool indoors. It seems to do it more when the car itself is hot after sitting outside, less so when it sits in the shade. If I do ever get the garage its the Mustang that goes in it, that doesn't have air conditioning hahaha.

Edited by Ajstolz

Hey, you're not too far from me. Visalia here. But I turned on this morning with the AC on the highest and drove all the way to work without any noticeable hesitation. That's the only thing that bugs me; one day it seems fine, the next is runs like a pile. This is what makes it so hard to prove issues when taking it to the dealership.

7 hours ago, robstacles said:

Hey, you're not too far from me. Visalia here. But I turned on this morning with the AC on the highest and drove all the way to work without any noticeable hesitation. That's the only thing that bugs me; one day it seems fine, the next is runs like a pile. This is what makes it so hard to prove issues when taking it to the dealership.

Yep, today for some reason it was in the 60s. Car responded amazingly today. So very hit or miss.