Hi first time poster. Hopefully this is the right place to ask.

So somehow my driver side mirror just fell off while on the free way. Not the whole mirror and housing but the glass and backing plate. Anyways I ordered just a glass replacement, not really thinking or hoping it might come with the outside/back insert. But it didnt, so I think I'll need to return it.

Anyways, it looks like the only way to fix this will be to get a whole new Side mirror Assembly. But before I order something again, I just want to make sure I know what I am doing and getting into. I searched around here and google on how to replace or remove the side mirror. It sounds like you just pop the plastic cover off on the interior? I tried this, earlier just prodding around this cover with a flat head screw driver, but seemed I was just scratching up and possibly bending the plastic. Wasnt sure where to pry and pull from. Any tips/instructions on this removal? Is this the way to go.

Also it isnt clear to me if the plug for the mirror will be located behind this cover or not, or will the whole door panel need to come off? What tools would I need to remove the side mirror anyways?

This is the cheapest listing I could find so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-2015-Chevrolet-Spark-Drivers-Side-View-Power-Mirror-Assembly-95101454-/271675857532?hash=item3f41249a7c:g:Iu4AAOSwol5Y1JsG&vxp=mtr

Also just found this ebay listing that looks to includes the backing plate. It says its compatibly with the regular Spark but no mention of the EV, I assume they are the same though? This would be from genermany and would take 2 weeks, cant find anything for NA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chevrolet-Aveo-2012-Mirror-Glass-Left-/222402986959?fits=Car+Make%3AChevrolet|Model%3AAveo|Cars+Year%3A2012&hash=item33c84043cf:g:jpkAAOSwCU1YntCM

Thanks for any help.

20170507_133408_resized.jpg

Edited by LaChupa

the trim cover just pulls by hand, no need to pry, it is held by two plast clips on each side, there is one bolt under the trim cover and one bolt under the small rectangular cover that prys out with a small flat head. 

The spark comes with two styles of mirrors, the large one that has the turn signal on it and is heated and the smaller one without the turn signal is not heated.

This link has all the part numbers.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2014/chevrolet/spark/lt-trim/1-2l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat

13 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

WARRANTY? Covered under your 3 year/50Kmi warranty..if past warranty replace the entire module and reconnect the remote cable. EV and conventional Spark exterior body components are NOT identical and..mirrors> unique to the EV.

Thanks, good idea about the warranty. Tried calling the closest dealership 5 - 6 times today and just couldn't get a straight answer or people to pick up, put on hold forever, disconnected, voicemails, sent to other departments and then nothing, etc. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow. Maybe there is a better place to call to get an answer.

2 hours ago, Mr.tozzi said:

the trim cover just pulls by hand, no need to pry, it is held by two plast clips on each side, there is one bolt under the trim cover and one bolt under the small rectangular cover that prys out with a small flat head. 

The spark comes with two styles of mirrors, the large one that has the turn signal on it and is heated and the smaller one without the turn signal is not heated.

This link has all the part numbers.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-parts/2014/chevrolet/spark/lt-trim/1-2l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/outside-mirrors-scat

Thanks for the info, however going by the 1st post by R.O.G. sounds like the mirror parts linked above would be different than the Spark EV counterparts? As they are different. Though they look "identical" to my untrained eye. And I'm hoping I wont have to end up paying close to $150 to replace just a a small component of the mirror. But good info nonetheless, was just trying find a link or diagram of this part forever, but couldnt find one. Thanks.

Edited by LaChupa