New guy here... car guy

Hey everyone,

New to this forum, have had my 15 Spark LT for about a year now. Not completely new to the forum world, though. Been on Mustang forums for 5 years now and moderate one of them. The spark has been my daily the last year in college (graduating this month), and probably going to have it for 6-8 more months I'd say. Never saw myself in this type of car until I needed something cheap, reliable, and easy to parallel park everywhere haha. Other car is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt, a decent amount of stuff done to it. Real pain in the butt to drive around and daily drive, but super fun car. Anyway, here are some pics of the cars.

IMG_3161.JPGIMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

IMG_3071.JPG

Edited by Ajstolz

Welcome Ajstolz! Nice to have another "car guy" on this forum! We have a couple of 'car guys' here..some with professional experience in electronics, mechanics, lubricants and chemicals..others are very well schooled in various areas of car service and maintenance. I am a retired former pilot with a major airline with a background aircraft and car mechanical systems as I used to fly and maintain piston aircraft like DC-4's on down as well as rotary during the 'Nam conflict. Cars, boats and watches are my passion and I am good with mechanical stuff but kinda lost with electronics. I was able to turn on my computer today but I still use an old Samsung Rugby phone to hook up bluetooth to my 2013 Spark and the big Range Rover-S 2015 550hp V8 that is more of a boring drive. So nice to have another car guy on board..like your Mustang but those big tires pictured behind the Spark..well, they ain't gonna fit no how..You get my drift?

I'm definitely a novice when it comes to actually working on cars. I tend to learn as I go. Done a bunch of suspension work on the Mustang. Did a clutch swap on it also. Have pulled the entire interior at one point. Fun car to mess around with. I love the Spark and what I use it for. My biggest gripe is the CVT transmission. That is honestly the reason I don't plan to keep it for a long time. Plus I landed a full time job for post graduation making a lot more than I was before, so I want something a tad nicer and bigger.

The tires behind the Spark were 305/35-18 Mickey Thompson drag radials that went on the Mustang. I just got a kick out of seeing them in comparison to the spark's tires.

Edited by Ajstolz
  • 3 months later...