Anyone have any experience with scratch repairs. Curious if it's something I can do myself. I have a narly white scratch on my roof because I put a bag down on top and forgot it had metal feet. Burns a hole in my heart when ever I get in. Not even 6000 miles on it yet. I'll post pics when I get a chance. 

Is this a dealership fix I've never had a brand new car so I've never worried about scratches. My last car a focus had a fancy black duct tape weather proof job on its wind shield and a zip tie bumper so this is new territory for me. 

It all depends on how deep the scratch is, some buff out, some need a bit of paint filling and then a good buff.

If you are scared to do it on your own, find a paintless dent/scratch repair shop, they usually do some miracles for way less money than a body shop would.

Call the dealer only to see if they got a paintless repair guy that they work with, sometimes they give you a discount for that kind of referral.

Post some pics

12 hours ago, Mr.tozzi said:

It all depends on how deep the scratch is, some buff out, some need a bit of paint filling and then a good buff.

If you are scared to do it on your own, find a paintless dent/scratch repair shop, they usually do some miracles for way less money than a body shop would.

Call the dealer only to see if they got a paintless repair guy that they work with, sometimes they give you a discount for that kind of referral.

Post some pics

Thanks man I'll have to look into paintless repair. I found a couple of these little circle nicks too on the hood. I was behind a truck carrying gravel and it started leaking gravel and I got pelted alittle. Looks like 3 different dings on the hood 

IMG_9900.JPG

IMG_9898.JPG

IMG_9897.JPG

IMG_9896.JPG

11 hours ago, bluer101 said:

Can you feel the scratch with your finger nail? If so I'm afraid you need a body shop. If it's not to back you can buff some of it out. 

Yeah I can :( I had a feeling that was the case. Any idea on what a fair price is before I start shopping around. My co workers husband owns a body shop in hope he might give me a good price . 

• 9 months later...

In my opinion, the hairline scratches can be lived with. If deeper one, they really need professional solution.

One of my neighbour marked a full lenght scratch on driver side front to rear. (I guess his inner bull came out by seeing my Red BEAsT). I tried a spray solution kit com-paint. Colour is matching but that need separate clear coat so looking odd from original paint.